Shin Megami Tensei Translation?

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by alienhunger, Jul 7, 2009.

Jul 7, 2009
  1. alienhunger
    OP

Newcomer alienhunger Newbie

Philippines
    well...fans of the series probably know of it being released to a GBA and almost had nothing new (except maybe the backgrounds) to it, but will we not see a translated release of this?

i'd pretty much do the whole thing myself but i have no idea how to hack roms (if there's a tutorial that'd be nice though).

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    google.
    done.

3. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    There's a SNES translation and there is not a GBA one, If you have the .... what is need to translate a game go here:

Romhacking.net

You need to read everything that you can find here about GBA hacking to start, Also as how the SNES game is already translated you could ask the guy who did it to lent you the script or to have permission to rip his translation to make a GBA translation...

This is all i can say but i'm not sure about how difficult it be neither anything, Good Luck [​IMG]

4. alienhunger
    OP

Newcomer alienhunger Newbie

Philippines

please don't use the google sarcasm :|

if you're saying i have to google for the damn rom, i could only find a non-translated one (the GBA one)...

if you're referring to how i should teach myself in translating, i'm in the process of doing it (though its harder than i thought)..

5. Waynes1987

Member Waynes1987 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    hello there, im pretty new to the Shin Megami Tensei series. is that the actual name of the GBA game? theres like no other bits
    Im currently playing Shin Megami Tensei: devils survivors.
    Which is pretty awesome. (defantly one of my favourite games.)

So yeah whats the actual name of the GBA one?
    id like to have a look at it too, and if i find a translated version or a patch for it or anything ill let you know. (hopefully someone somewheres already working on translating them)

6. gukid

Newcomer gukid Advanced Member

Canada
    May want to check out:
    http://kaioshin.romhacking.net/

KaioShin was looking for a translator months ago, but it seems like no one was interested.

Looks like he's got his hands full now with other projects, but you never know, maybe it could get started up again.