sharing ps4 games by sharing psn account???

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by laudern, Nov 29, 2014.

1. laudern
    OP

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    My father in law is looking at buying a ps4. I currently own a ps4 with 8 games purchased through the psn.

I know that if he signs into my pan account that I will be kicked out of my online session and that is fine.

What I am wanting to do is, sign in on my account using his machine, download my games on his machine, sign out of my account, and then have him sign in on his machine using his psn account and be able to play my games that he has downloaded.

Is that possible???? Are there any drawbacks to this idea??

2. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US
    well your allowed to have 2 consoles linked to your psn account. So this should work as long as your not already using both of your slots.

3. laudern
    OP

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    oh really??? I was not aware of this...No I am not using another account on my machine.....You wouldn't happen to have a link to that info would you??

4. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US
    it says it on every game you buy in description, your allowed to use this content on two console and two handheld systems (actually 3 handheld now)

this link below explains it, I think, you just have to activate that system with your psn account

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5059/~/activate-/-deactivate-primary-ps4

looks like it different for ps4s. You can only set one ps4 as your primary ps4, all users on this ps4 get access to all your downloaded content. If you log in to your name you can use your content on other ps4s.

So basically the only way this would work for you is have the other ps4 your primary, that way all accounts (on that ps4) can use the content and on your ps4, just use your account to play your games

(note: if you do this, you will only be able to access stuff you downloaded when your logged into your name on your ps4, if you share your ps4 with others in the house, they wont be able to play your games unless they are on your name)

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot