Sharing acct?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by samljer, Oct 11, 2014.

1. samljer
    OP

samljer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Canada
    I have a question for you brilliant people.

Me and my brother both have vitas. ive had mine a long time however; and have a rather large library
    of PS+ titles (and digital downloands).

My question is, if my account is added to his vita, will he have access to all my games
    from HIS account - as long as my account is there.
    (id still want to use my own account on my other 3 systems "vita, 3 and 4".)

if it works, will i still be able to use my own vita while hes playing games of mine "on his vita and account".

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You can only have 1 account on the Vita at a time, he wouldn't be able to access your content on his own account as you must wipe the memory card whenever you switch.

EDIT: Both Vita's can be on the same account and he'd still be able to access the games, but you can't both play online at the same time (AFAIK). So he's either stuck with his own games, or you'll both have to deal with not playing online at the same time.

3. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    olny ONE account can be liked to a vita at a time, so for him to use the PSN+ games, the PSN+ account the got the game need to be linked to the vita that wants to play it

and it a big pain to switch accounts
    you need to do a factor rest each time to change account

4. samljer
    OP

samljer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Canada
    fkin sony lol.. thanks.

5. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    This is an old(ish) post but I have to say, you're a retard. What did you expect? Sony would just let you give away a bunch of game copies free to your brother? If you wanted to share, you should've bought a physical copy.
    I guarantee MS and Nintendont ain't any better.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Accounts like this make sense on a home console which is obviously shared by all family members, it doesn't make sense on a handheld, which is rarely shared (if at all). It's a shame that you can't do it, but it's understandable.