SF2D / SFTD black screens

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mashers, Sep 21, 2015.

1. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I've just got my homebrew launcher linked to SF2D and SFTD. If I try to initialise SF2D, I get black screens when the 3dsx boots. There is apparently a bug in ctrulib which was causing this, as detailed in this commit:

https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/commit/9f6f7a57eca369f01804208b9d994516164210a5

I downloaded the source zip from GitHub and the error was still present in gpu.c. So I changed it manually in the code (changing line 218 according to the commit), rebuilt and reinstalled ctrulib, and rebuilt my launcher. Now I get garbage on the screen when it launches. Any ideas what's going wrong here?

2. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Ok so the garbage on the screens seems to be cause by calling sf2d_init() as well as gfxInitDefault(). I commented out gfxInitDefault() and the app will launch now, but it flickers with the sf2d clear colour, presumably because ctrulib is drawing as well as sf2d. Do I have to migrate all of the drawing functions from ctrulib to sf2d?