Hacking Setting up a bounty for backup loading?

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey is there a current bounty set on backup loading? If not how do I get started? I'd like to set up $50 from my end, perhaps others might also contribute? I know just by myself isn't anything, but if in the future someone does crack it I guess free money for them?

Carltrek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Not a good idea, for even commercial entities such as Xecuter, which sell console hacking devices aimed at piracy, have no idea how to get Xbox One hacked.

D

Deleted User

Not a good idea, for even commercial entities such as Xecuter, which sell console hacking devices aimed at piracy, have no idea how to get Xbox One hacked.
lots of money makes it a better idea, gives incentive. especially for groups like xecuter which are solely money driven

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Well, Xbox one is coming to an end, so I don't think piracy would affect sales of games or consoles anymore. I'm just miffed at microsoft cause they screwed me out of two of my purchases, Forza 6, and Ryse son of Rome, and now I don't trust their digital games anymore, so I want to backup all mine in case shit goes out of luck.

If team xecuter wants to work on a software that would give me backups, and sell it to me for $60, I'll buy it. One time charge, life time relief.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
It cost much much more than $50 just to get equipment and software needed to begin reverse engineering the Xbox, and the main reason why an exploit hasnt come up is that everyone knows that it's going to be used for cheating and piracy, which will also be abused, I don't care about modding but this will be abused and that kills the fun in it, people like to make money off ignorance,

Xecuter make a pre package product and are a business they have to make profit as they put R&D into their products, usually if you want the become an early exploit owner (like gateway3ds) usually you'll need to buy a specific piece of hardware to do it until a software alternative is found

PS that's why I buy all my games on disc

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do yourself a favor

Buy 3 years of gold and get 3 years of GPU for cheap so you don't need to pirate on a console where games are either really cheap or free.

I'd like to see a few things from Xbox One hacking, but honestly piracy on a console with 10 or so exclusive games including Kinect is kind of shit.

Well, Xbox one is coming to an end, so I don't think piracy would affect sales of games or consoles anymore. I'm just miffed at microsoft cause they screwed me out of two of my purchases, Forza 6, and Ryse son of Rome, and now I don't trust their digital games anymore, so I want to backup all mine in case shit goes out of luck.

If team xecuter wants to work on a software that would give me backups, and sell it to me for $60, I'll buy it. One time charge, life time relief.
You're miffed because a ghost in the machine lost you two games that are about $10 used?

Furthermore, last I checked I can't buy a new Xbox until late 2020, that's basically another Xbox One build.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are funny. An organized team like TX or other would made literally millions (probably actually over $10 millions) for such hack. It would sell at least 300K units and you can be sure they would make $20 on each as profit. Do the math.
Then you have the weirdos like SciresM who do it just for glory from the nerds, and they will do it for free, they won't even accept $50. As much as I don't like to pay for anything, i still don't understand why guys like this (SciresM and al.) exists, glory from a bunch of nerdy kids for hours of work. But they are our best hope. Otherwise your 'bounty' will just be used to buy a commercial device, $50 is probably what you can expect anyway.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that didn't stop the wii u, 3ds, switch, ps4, every other console ever

Nintendo consoles are cheap, and sell at a profit, PS and xbox are usually expensive, Sony and m$ sell the console at a loss so more people can actually afford it, they make up the difference by in game services and purchases. Plus the hacked PS4 still cant run anything that needs a newer os and doesn't have any online access

Either way smea didn't hack the 3ds to run cia's and pirate roms the wiiu wasn't hacked to run isos, when you exploit the console it's essentially a devkit, Nintendo console get hacked easily because they don't lock the hardware as much, unless you wanted to pay $349 at launch instead of $249?

Of course piracy is going to happen, and everyone has pirated before, the issue is people end up doing too much or do stupid shit and it leaves a bad aftertaste

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You are funny. An organized team like TX or other would made literally millions (probably actually over $10 millions) for such hack. It would sell at least 300K units and you can be sure they would make $20 on each as profit. Do the math.
Then you have the weirdos like SciresM who do it just for glory from the nerds, and they will do it for free, they won't even accept $50. As much as I don't like to pay for anything, i still don't understand why guys like this (SciresM and al.) exists, glory from a bunch of nerdy kids for hours of work. But they are our best hope. Otherwise your 'bounty' will just be used to buy a commercial device, $50 is probably what you can expect anyway.
You must be one of these nerdy kids that you speak of since you don't get it. It's not for ego boosting, but rather resumé building. These guys don't want to make money off of their work because it's unethical and they just want the experience. If anyone does something for the ego trip, it's TX. They steal work and rebrand it as their own for profit and notoriety. Independent developers are the ones that care about their career rather than admiration from mouth breathers like you.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be one of these nerdy kids that you speak of since you don't get it. It's not for ego boosting, but rather resumé building. These guys don't want to make money off of their work because it's unethical and they just want the experience. If anyone does something for the ego trip, it's TX. They steal work and rebrand it as their own for profit and notoriety. Independent developers are the ones that care about their career rather than admiration from mouth breathers like you.

exactly, most people in the past who discovered exploits are college grads or students as part of a college paper or research project, we are talking about people who (usually) are getting/have a degree in computer sciences, software or engineering, they have access to college facilities the everyday person doesn't, like a supercomputer , testing equipment, software licenses (like IDA pro), everything one would need to not make reverse engineering like decoding the enigma, they usually laid out the foundation everyone else will start from and use

These people use this to give them credentials in the the work force, (especially cyber and IT security) and maybe just to get an A on a college research paper

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now, i am an adult with 3 kids and a job working for a large tech company. I am pretty sure that the millions $ guys with talents like SciresM could have made instead of doing it for free for glory, they will regret one day. And if they don't, it means their life must really be sad or they must have some serious mental issue (generally very smart devs do anyway). And for the glory, also, being a grown up who loves the real good life (not the virtual one, although i am an avid gamer), I feel sorry that it is not like they have hundreds of gorgeous women looking at them with desire, but instead this is probably the only place where they have fans, and this place is 90% nerdy kids.
The fact is if people were honest here, if we had a true honest poll asking people if they would rather be a TX guy driving a Ferrari with a gorgeous blonde by his side or a free scene hero living at his parents place in a small bedroom, the answer would be that 100% of TX bashers would want to be TX. It is just this guy with his $50 offer made me laugh, he has no idea what is at stake here.
Don't get me wrong, i use all those free solutions, i am impressed and glad as it saves me money. I just think SciresM and the others are a bunch of extremely talented lowlife idiots.

tuxuser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
openxbox.org
XP
Country
Germany
I am pretty sure that the millions $ guys with talents like SciresM could have made instead of doing it for free for glory, they will regret one day. And if they don't, it means their life must really be sad or they must have some serious mental issue

You are absolutely right! That thing you describe as a mental issue is called passion. Think about the great musicians and painters who did follow their passion their whole life... look what it got them. Nothin. Death. One day everybody dies... and what did they do? Things they enjoyed!

PS: Not comparing big artists of the past to homebrew devs / hackers... Just using it as an example for passion.

Last edited by tuxuser,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, i am an adult with 3 kids and a job working for a large tech company. I am pretty sure that the millions $ guys with talents like SciresM could have made instead of doing it for free for glory, they will regret one day. And if they don't, it means their life must really be sad or they must have some serious mental issue (generally very smart devs do anyway). And for the glory, also, being a grown up who loves the real good life (not the virtual one, although i am an avid gamer), I feel sorry that it is not like they have hundreds of gorgeous women looking at them with desire, but instead this is probably the only place where they have fans, and this place is 90% nerdy kids.
The fact is if people were honest here, if we had a true honest poll asking people if they would rather be a TX guy driving a Ferrari with a gorgeous blonde by his
side or a free scene hero living at his parents place in a small bedroom, the answer would be that 100% of TX bashers would want to be TX. It is just this guy with his $50 offer made me laugh, he has no idea what is at stake here.
Don't get me wrong, i use all those free solutions, i am impressed and glad as it saves me money. I just think SciresM and the others are a bunch of extremely talented lowlife idiots.
You described the lifestyle that would likely make me want to off myself more than I already do.

Sort of sounds like something a teenager themselves would write before understanding money is so far from personal happiness.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact is if people were honest here, if we had a true honest poll asking people if they would rather be a TX guy driving a Ferrari with a gorgeous blonde by his side or a free scene hero living at his parents place in a small bedroom, the answer would be that 100% of TX bashers would want to be TX. It is just this guy with his $50 offer made me laugh, he has no idea what is at stake here.

LMAO I agree 100% people don't understand the effort needed to achieve such things, plus that many people don't realize that most devs actually have a life and are no different than anyone else, go to work, go home, if you have kids then you're on job #2, I guess it's the image of the nerd with glasses stereotype, like most devs do have a day job, we don't necessarily go home and jump on the computer, most devs actually like to go outside and do things, things like console hacking, is a hobby or curiosity, for tx it's a business, it's priorities, tx make their paycheck hacking, that's why they moved from Xbox to switch, as the bootrom exploit was known and was quicker, cheaper and easier to produce and get to market, the company may make millions, how much in loans and business costs do they have to pay, they make millions as a company, doesn't mean they take millions home on a paycheck, their actual paycheck is really nice but not millions imho

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: