Hacking Set up R4 Revolution Flash Card NDS

BoBBeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I don't know if I'm right with you. I hope so.
Unfortunately I can not find any help, no matter where I am looking for.

I bought an R4 Revolution Flashcard. I want to use this with my Nintendo DS Lite. But you can only see the screen that says "loading ...". Can someone help me configure the card?

I Try:
*cannot post Links* and download the kernel and put the files into the root folder from my sd card. Only Lodaing Screen.

*cannot post Links*

Nothing is working. This is my card:
0_big (1).jpg
mybe anyone can help me?

Last edited by BoBBeer,
Reactions: Konwalia

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I don't know if I'm right with you. I hope so.
Unfortunately I can not find any help, no matter where I am looking for.

I bought an R4 Revolution Flashcard. I want to use this with my Nintendo DS Lite. But you can only see the screen that says "loading ...". Can someone help me configure the card?

I Try:
*cannot post Links* and download the kernel and put the files into the root folder from my sd card. Only Lodaing Screen.

*cannot post Links*

Nothing is working. This is my card:
View attachment 209685
mybe anyone can help me?
If it is an original or 1:1 clone use wood r4 from r4ds.com

BoBBeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use r4ds cwood-r4/wood-r4-v1.62-download.html

But is only "Loading..." Screen

I download the zip extract and copy to SD

JoKoKilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem! Just acquired this card and I've tried several mini SD cards, kernels, on an original DS and DS lite. All produce the same "Loading" screen.

SMUSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
The MicroSD cards used are 2GB or less?
The original R4 can't use beyond 2G MicroSD cards as it doesn't support SHDC MicroSD cards.
Otherwise you could try to Format the MicroSD to regular FAT format (not FAT32)

bryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the same issue with the perpetual loading screen no matter what kernel i tried... HERE IS THE SOLUTION: it isnt fun but the reason this is happening is your card is a r4 clone, not original, and it's firmware will only allow it to work with the original kernel. Option 1 is to use a second DS that is able to launch it to update firmware to something that could use woodr4 for example, but I didnt have a second ds so i couldnt do this. Your only other option (assuming setting system time back 10 years doesnt fix the problem) is to find the original kernel for the card. I had to try about 50 different operating systems, but eventuaklly found the right one (mine specifically was from r4ids, but the one for your specific clone might be different. This site has basically all the clone kernels for you to try. It'll take a lot of time, but its the only way i know works. I cant post the site you need, but the site name is linfoxdomain and then put "/nintendo/ds/" after.

JoKoKilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same issue with the perpetual loading screen no matter what kernel i tried... HERE IS THE SOLUTION: it isnt fun but the reason this is happening is your card is a r4 clone, not original, and it's firmware will only allow it to work with the original kernel. Option 1 is to use a second DS that is able to launch it to update firmware to something that could use woodr4 for example, but I didnt have a second ds so i couldnt do this. Your only other option (assuming setting system time back 10 years doesnt fix the problem) is to find the original kernel for the card. I had to try about 50 different operating systems, but eventuaklly found the right one (mine specifically was from r4ids, but the one for your specific clone might be different. This site has basically all the clone kernels for you to try. It'll take a lot of time, but its the only way i know works. I cant post the site you need, but the site name is linfoxdomain and then put "/nintendo/ds/" after.

Thank you for the advice. I found out it was my mini SD card. The older Revolutions only took 2 (or 3) GB cards. I purchased a smaller SD, and it totally worked. But I need 15GB or more. So now I just have this Revolution sitting in my closet. Might sell it or just keep it in the collection.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the advice. I found out it was my mini SD card. The older Revolutions only took 2 (or 3) GB cards. I purchased a smaller SD, and it totally worked. But I need 15GB or more. So now I just have this Revolution sitting in my closet. Might sell it or just keep it in the collection.
Buy 8 more 2GB MicroSD cards and swap when needed

JoKoKilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you need 15gb for‽ That's a lot of roms!

It IS a lot of ROMS. Probably too many. I like to have a solid collection of my personal favorites, which I regularly play, then a folder of the entire system library. I like to scan the library and randomly select roms to try. I'm usually disappointed, but it's fun to try new games, and you never know when you might discover a gem or something so bad, that it's actually entertaining. The GBA library is a great example of that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Buy 8 more 2GB MicroSD cards and swap when needed

I thought about that, but I like having everything together. Thank you for the suggestion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality