1. R4ismychildhood

OP R4ismychildhood GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi. So as I broke my NDSXL's back cover today, I was lookngi for a replcacement. meanwhile, I discovered the CFW N3DSXL I have has North American New 3DS XL with a back cover of serial number starting with 'SW' (denoting a North America 3DS XL/LL). Obviously the back covers of O3DSXL and N3DSXL are different, but can anyone explain why is the sticker on there?

Browserhax was not a thing back then so I bought this already hard-mod one for less hassle.

Anyways the console works fine. I'm just curious :3

Attached Files:

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    I mean, does it really matter? But, that serial is one way nintendo uses information with the NNID, console, games, everything that denotes that console and whom it belongs to. Its also needed if you need to transfer your NNID and content to a new console if that one had broke on you and cannot turn on at all to system transfer the contents. There is a serial number sticker both there, and under the plate on the console aswell.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  3. R4ismychildhood

United Kingdom
    I haven't connected to NNID as back then, everyone was so scared of going online. I've checked underneath the plate; interestinglt there's no sticker?

4. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    Hmmm, im not sure about all consoles, but there should be a second serial printed. Even without the NNID the serial itself is usually used to distinguish one from another.

5. R4ismychildhood

United Kingdom
    Thx. I've found its original serial with 3DSident; it starts with 'QW'

lone_wolf323 likes this.
  6. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The 3DS's always had a serial number inside the system as it is too easy to swap backs. Plus the label on the back sometimes comes off.

Last edited by ccfman2004, Nov 29, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Discovered, Mismatch, Serial