Hacking Sending in switch for repairs

ctrlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it turns out my launch day switch just decided to start bending/warping... and so N wants me to send it in... its going to get swapped they told me. There is no other way to fix it. The crappy part is that its on fw 3.x and now they will absolutely, positively send me an updated one. They were trying to make me update on the phone until I convinced them that an update will not unbend the screen.

Edit: forgot to mention N says they will not be able to backup my game saves and any decals will not be returned or covered by them.

Last edited by ctrlp,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it turns out my launch day switch just decided to start bending/warping... and so N wants me to send it in... its going to get swapped they told me. There is no other way to fix it. The crappy part is that its on fw 3.x and now they will absolutely, positively send me an updated one. They were trying to make me update on the phone until I convinced them that an update will not unbend the screen.
Nice they replacing it for u

ctrlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. From what I've heard they transfer your data over to the new switch. But yes they will also update. 4.1 does have nvhax and Deja vu exploits as well.

They specifically told me that all my saves will be wiped, and that they DO NOT transfer /backup saves. They said if any decals are on it those will be gone too. I asked if I have time to wait for my friend to get back to transfer my account to his switch and it looks like I have plenty of time before I do send it in.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or that. Also there are replacement screens for the switch on eBay.

It's not the screen thats warping, its the back side casing. Google "nintendo switch bending" and you will see.

how badly is it warping and bending?
It will only get worse over time. Just google "nintendo switch bending" and those results look just like mine. It's rather sad.

I'm thinking about sending mine in. Already on latest firm anyway. Just want them to ensure I won't lose data before doing it.

You will absolutely lose all your data, they will warn you about this before sending it in.

Mine isn't warping too bad right now but I would rather get it solved now rather than have it potentiality get worse.

I guess at this point its best to send now before newer firmware comes out...

Reactions: whateverg1012

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, hearing about this screen warp issue sure makes you dont want to get a switch, it isnt like i wanted one in the first place but still, wow.

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Switch's warp over time, pretty sure they come out of the box like that and you're either lucky or not. Poor quality control on Nintendo's part. At least you don't seem to have the bent screen like some people do.

This dude's warranty replacement still has the warping issue:

I had to go through 2 exchanges before I finally got a Switch that is perfect (no dust under the screen, warping issues, or wobbly joycons).

Last edited by whateverg1012,

ctrlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, hearing about this screen warp issue sure makes you dont want to get a switch, it isnt like i wanted one in the first place but still, wow.

Its not the screen (in my situation) its the enclosure that holds the screen.

LOL. "Did you update?" is the new "Did you turn it off and on again?"...

Lmao this.

I don't think Switch's warp over time, pretty sure they come out of the box like that and you're either lucky or not. Poor quality control on Nintendo's part. At least you don't seem to have the bent screen like some people do.

I had to go through 2 exchanges before I finally got a Switch that is perfect (no dust under the screen, warping issues, or wobbly joycons).

I don't remember mine being this way until some time later i started to notice a bend pulling it out of the dock. My friend just got one and his is straight, let's see what happens.

1 day air shipping?! They told me 2-3 weeks! Blah!

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
Is your dock slightly bent? - There are reports of uneven dock ports possibly causing the damage which sounds logical given that heat and pressure could potentially warp plastic. Just interested to know what would possibly cause it.

ctrlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your dock slightly bent? - There are reports of uneven dock ports possibly causing the damage which sounds logical given that heat and pressure could potentially warp plastic. Just interested to know what would possibly cause it.
The dock is straight.

D

Deleted-355425

Mine started to warp, hasn’t ever been docked, wasn’t part of the very 1st batch. Only used a hand full of times. The issue isn’t so much of the body warping but it causes the screen to pop up ever so slightly on the right hand side. When it’s warm you can push it back down and you see it move down slightly and just starts to pop up again.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought my Switch on the release week back on March, so very first batch, I have used it approximately 70% docked, 30% undocked. I still haven't noticed signs of bending, but I think perhaps I haven't looked hard enough, you know, if it doesn't bother me I just don't notice it.

I guess this is a good thing to check for:
it causes the screen to pop up ever so slightly on the right hand side
But are you getting some other symptoms of bending?
Does it gets worse after time under normal use, or does it stay so subtle it could go unnoticed?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Why won't they transfer your saves? A user transfer transfers saves just fine... Moved my step-daughter's profile over to her mom's Switch and her Splatoon 2 data went with it, and no fuss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1