Selling My Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by matt1tude, May 6, 2017.

1. matt1tude
    OP

matt1tude GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2012
    Crewe, UK
    I'm considering Selling my Wii U to a friend. But I have a lot of legally purchased content and games, which I would like the new owner to be able to enjoy all this content. Can i delete my NNID from the console so he can then create his own NNID and still be able to use the content I purchased. Or would deleting the NNID that purchased the content from the console prevent use of the content.

2. gohan123

gohan123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2012
    Germany
    I don't know but if you create a second account, you can use the stuff from the other. if it's a close friend, I see no problem with that. I bought myself a wii u of a friend and kept his account without ever using it.

matt1tude likes this.
  3. wolfmankurd

wolfmankurd GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2013
    Nope, if you remove your account he wont have access .Each time he runs it he will get a message saying the account associated with this content is no longer on this device, and directed to the data management screen to encourage him to delete it. Very annoying if you forget to run Haxchi!

matt1tude likes this.
  4. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    You can change the email address used by the NNID to his email. Keep in mind if you have any 3DS games associated with your NNID then you're giving them to him as well.

5. matt1tude
    OP

matt1tude GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2012
    Crewe, UK
    This one is very helpful. Now I know what would happen should I remove my NNID from the console, I'll have to rethink.