Sega Saturn on Switch

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I was wondering how the state of Saturn emulation was on the Switch. Awhile back, someone was working on a project that had to do with a Cotton game cart being able to access a hidden Saturn emulator if i remember right.
Does Yabasanshiro work well? I want to be able to play Saturn Bomberman at least.
Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

D

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a dumb question, but what is multitap?

Also, can I use a backup of Cotton to inject into? Does it have to be a physical copy?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This may be a dumb question, but what is multitap?

Also, can I use a backup of Cotton to inject into? Does it have to be a physical copy?
The multitap was the adapter to have more than 2 players for Bomberman, or other games. It could be emulated to allow multiple Switch controllers to be used, but it's not supported in the emulator used by Cotton etc.

Yes a backup is fine, doesn't have to be physical.

Reactions: neko_koneko

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
You use the cotton games but some games will have minor to major input lag. It's not ideal but it's playable. It differs per game.

2D games will be full speed.
3D games will require a slight overclock to hit full speed.

You can inject roms like mentioned above but you can also just do a simple title replacement by placing the roms in a title ID folder in your atmosphere/contents or sxos/titles folders

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks