Searching/Request Customizable Payload Updater Homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by dj_ecr, Jan 24, 2017.

1. dj_ecr
    OP

dj_ecr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hi,
    do anyone know a homebrew for updating all installed/wanted luma payloads in one run and customize them to the right buttons?

Like if i write a config.txt
    Dir: /luma/payloads
    Down: SafeMode9
    start: Hourglass9
    x: Decrypt9

Because this is the only thing (with homebrew stores and other tools already there) i need to update with pc/android and ftp.

Greetings,
    dj_ecr

2. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    Afaik there is no Homebrew that lets you do that. The closest to mapping the buttons would be renaming them like this:

(button)_(payload)

for example: x_Decrypt9

But it would be a neat idea for a new Homebrew.

3. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I've actually wanted something just like this. I wonder if the source of Luma Updater could be used as a base, or at least a reference, and be made into something similar to Homebr3w.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Actually, this was released /r/3dshacks a couple of weeks ago. You can even customize what button you want the payloads assigned to, as described in the OP.

dj_ecr and Joom like this.
  5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    How well would this work with custom firmwares other than Luma? I use a stripped down fork that has Luma's chainloader removed, and, to compensate, I use the arm9launcher bootloader. arm9launcher uses its own configuration file that assigns hotkeys for payloads, so I'm just wondering how well this would work with that.

Edit: Never mind, I answered my own question.

Last edited by Joom, Jan 25, 2017
  6. dj_ecr
    OP

dj_ecr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    @KunoichiZ Thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for :)

KunoichiZ likes this.