SD Slot issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by JinTrigger, Mar 10, 2010.

Mar 10, 2010

SD Slot issues by JinTrigger at 5:56 AM (619 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    ok so I dont even know how to explain this....but my SD Card will not work on any of my apps on the homebrew channel. the homebrew channel can read my apps but my apps cannot. Every time one of my apps try to use my SD card...I always get the ret /1 error . Everything was fine until just a few minutes ago...All I0ve been doing is using Wii VNC and setting up my SMB server which work so well.....which is why I see no problem. please help me

edit - its a 4gb kingston but I just tested it and my 1gb sandisk micro with the adapter works fine. Did I put too much on my kingston or what cause my kingston has always worked- Bootmii can read it and like I said the homebrew channel can so why all of a sudden my apps can0t. Someone help me ASAP

2. Erikie

Newcomer Erikie Member

Netherlands
    The problem could be in the SDHC card. Is your kingston stuffed with over 2Gb of data on it?
    If so try to remove something on it so you go below the 2gb barrier and try again.
    I never use SDHC cards as I believe the 2gb should always work and the sdhc can cause issues ...

3. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    I thought that could have been the issues cause now that I think of it....I was putting a lot of large crap on there trying to use the sega saturn and psone emulator. I need to get some sort of SD card usb adapter cause now I have to wait til after work to test this out, but I0ll be sure to post back with results there after.