Hacking SD Card sizes & compatibility

mexiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question since this issue is scattered in many different topics, and I know someone knows it off hand.

What SD sizes are compatible with for example: MPlayer, games, etc.

Basically, I want to keep a bunch of homebrew on my system, but also would like to maybe backup some originals over SD, but obviously would need a card bigger than 4 GB. I don't mind buying a couple different cards, but I need to know if they will work. Like, if for example I ask for an 8 Gig card, will it work, etc.

Also, do flash drives work ???? If so, how big a size ????

In reality, I just want to know what to ask for Christmas
biggrin.gif
Thanks in advance.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as i know the 3.4 update enabled the sdhc but locaked down a lot of other things - basically once you have a 2 gig or under your ok , after homebrew is installed (the new one) you can use bigger cards.

mexiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
As far as i know the 3.4 update enabled the sdhc but locaked down a lot of other things - basically once you have a 2 gig or under your ok , after homebrew is installed (the new one) you can use bigger cards.

Ok so if I have the new Homebrew installed, it will work with HC cards right ???? Basically, I want to have a big card, like a 4 gig, or even 8 gig, and have it store my music to play via Mplayer, and any apps that I have (about 90 megs), and be able to backup a game to it. Would an 8 gig card work with all these apps (DVD Dumper, Mplayer, Homebrew)

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-=raises hand=- currently using a 2gig non sdhc and its more than ull ever need for saves and homebrew...

if its not enough... there are other ways of getting around the 2 gig limit... ie dump disks via wireless or an extra 2 gig usb stick in the back hehehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE