Sd card errors

MustangBE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a 512GB micro sd that was not recognized by my switch.
I created an emuMMC on another sd card that works and cloned it to the larger sd card.
OFW works but in CFW I get error "a fatal error occurred when running fusée. Invalid gpt signature"

Last edited by MustangBE,
Reactions: valelisa29

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 512GB micro sd that was not recognized by my switch.
I created an emuMMC on another sd card that works and cloned it to the larger sd card.
OFW works but in CFW I get error "a fatal error occurred when running fusée. Invalid gpt signature"

Did you backup your Emunand partition and then create an emunand partition on the new card and restore the data to that partition? If so, go into Hekate and click Migrate emuMMC and allow it to re-write you /emummc/emummc.ini file to point to the new sector location. It will invariably be in a different spot on the card and if you didn't update it...the system will not be able to find it by simply copying the file over.

Reactions: impeeza

MustangBE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i have a backup from 2 years ago.
i did not make a backup this time.
If I understand correctly I have to make a new backup first, create emuMMC, clone sd card to the new one and then migrate emuMMC.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a backup from 2 years ago.
i did not make a backup this time.
If I understand correctly I have to make a new backup first, create emuMMC, clone sd card to the new one and then migrate emuMMC.
Take the backup from your current running SDCard. The one you are trying to clone. Once that’s done use Hekate to “fix” the location.

MustangBE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the one i'm cloning doesn't have a backup.
i only made an emuMMC on a separate partition.

i have an other sd card with a map eMMC and boot0, boot1, 01, 02, 03, etc... files

Last edited by MustangBE,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one i'm cloning doesn't have a backup.
i only made an emuMMC on a separate partition.

i have an other sd card with a map eMMC and boot0, boot1, 01, 02, 03, etc... files
On the SDCard you are cloning from, make a backup of your emunand

Copy the backup files from the old SDCard to the the new SDCard and restore them to your new partition on the new SDCard using Hekate.

Tunaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you backup your Emunand partition and then create an emunand partition on the new card and restore the data to that partition? If so, go into Hekate and click Migrate emuMMC and allow it to re-write you /emummc/emummc.ini file to point to the new sector location. It will invariably be in a different spot on the card and if you didn't update it...the system will not be able to find it by simply copying the file over.
I also just upgraded from a 256gb SD to a 512gb. I also got the GPT error. This method worked!

Thanks!

Reactions: binkinator

LeoG277v

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very smart. Thank u!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8