Hardware SD Card Compitability

solidsnake40sw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a official nintendo sd 1 gig sd card but wanna upgrade to a bigger card. What is the limit regarding size/gig of the card and what brand will work. Thanks.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
It depends on the firmware your console is using. If you have a 2.X (too old) or 3.X firmware, you will only be able to use a 2GB SD card as maximum. If you have a 4.X, theorically, you can use up to 32GB SDHC cards.

trades1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on their opinions of the Sandisk for Wii 2gb card? I've been eying it as it seems to be pretty fast with Boot Mii on the compatibility list. I've found it as cheap as 7.95. I have a 4gb card now that doesn't support Boot Mii, so I'm looking for an all in one, instead of having the 4gb for apps and a spare 1gb for my nand backup.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
trades1981 said:
I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on their opinions of the Sandisk for Wii 2gb card? I've been eying it as it seems to be pretty fast with Boot Mii on the compatibility list. I've found it as cheap as 7.95. I have a 4gb card now that doesn't support Boot Mii, so I'm looking for an all in one, instead of having the 4gb for apps and a spare 1gb for my nand backup.
SanDisk is the best brand you can get. I think they even invented the SD-Card. I would say if you want to be shure that it works, get an SanDisk Card.

(Btw: My SanDisk 4GB SDHC Card works fine with everything.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==