Homebrew Emulator Scummvm standalone vs retroarch scummvm?

the19thbear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi.
Even though the latest version of scummvm retroarch is very new and up to date, it is missing certain features (cloud saving, slow "mouse" movement by pressing down a "shift" button etc.
I'm running old lucasart games on my nintendo switch and much perfer the newest stand alone scummvm version for the switch, over the retroarch version. The only problem with the standalone version is that it doesnt seem to support forwarders.

Can i somehow make retroarch launch the standalone version instead? Or update the retroarch version of scummvm to the standalone version?

Thanks a lot:)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi.
Even though the latest version of scummvm retroarch is very new and up to date, it is missing certain features (cloud saving, slow "mouse" movement by pressing down a "shift" button etc.
I'm running old lucasart games on my nintendo switch and much perfer the newest stand alone scummvm version for the switch, over the retroarch version. The only problem with the standalone version is that it doesnt seem to support forwarders.

Can i somehow make retroarch launch the standalone version instead? Or update the retroarch version of scummvm to the standalone version?

Thanks a lot:)
No not that I'm aware of but ScummVM indeed works great as standalone and although I try to keep/have everything in RetroArch I'd go with standalone for ScummVM.
I was able to play through Day of the Tentacle with ScummVM standalone on FW 3.0.0 (!) back then. It already was that stable on the Switch.
You should be able to make forwarders with this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsp-forwarder-tool-for-12.587936/

the19thbear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thanks. I actually already tried that, but couldnt get it to work.
I checked the "retroarch" mode box, but instead of pointing to a retroarch core, i pointed to the standalone scummvm nro file, but I get a crash when I try to run it.
But thanks for the input:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday