Screwdrivers for wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by loz_the_guru, May 26, 2008.

1. loz_the_guru
    OP

loz_the_guru Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2006
    Last time I opened my wii i used this set:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2905

but the tips have worn out already. The screwdrivers dont seem to say what size they are, although I believe I need a triwing size 1. All the other sets on DX seem t have triwings bigger than this, and ive no idea what size philips driver I need.

Any tips?

2. ihatexams

ihatexams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2007
    Loidis
    I guess if you worned them out , your screwed (joke hehe)
    Triwing screws are incredibly annoying, I didn't realize I needed a triwing screwdriver, so now have to wait till it arrives then I can chip mine.

3. jinxvorheeze

jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2008
    United States
    That's the set I have and for the price, I'm not sure you can beat it. [​IMG] Even if you have to buy them a 3rd time, for the whole set it's cheaper then buying the more expensive ones. Unless you plan on opening your Wii a ton of other times, just buy the same set again.

4. Kiljaeden

Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2006
    Sydney
    I have to agree with the poster above. I've got 2 sets of these. For the price, you'd expect them to be throwaway practically.

5. cris92x

cris92x GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    LOL do what i did when i modded my wii... i used a powerdrill and i just drilled off the screws till they fell off and then went to the local hardware store and found the same size screws for like 5 cents... so then next time i need to open it, its easier...

6. jinxvorheeze

jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2008
    United States
    I don;t recommend this. For $1.50 you can do it the right way and not worry about it.

7. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    $1.50 ~ £0.75

Wow thats cheap! I paid £6.00 just fr a tri wing!

I could have bought 8 of these instead. [​IMG]

8. taarna23

taarna23 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2007
    Canada
    I got mine from Partneringco when I needed a new DS shell and touchscreen. Works great, shows no sign of wear and comes with a small + shape screwdriver for internal screws as well. I've opened some GC controllers with this as well with no problems.

9. fanni

fanni Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2008
    uk
    £6 for 1 triwing [​IMG]

The fela who i get my chips from gives me a free one each time [​IMG]

10. loz_the_guru
    OP

loz_the_guru Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2006
    thanks for the replies guys, ive just stuck with the ones i linked to. wouldve been nice to have something more permanent but i guess those will do!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice