Hardware Screen protector problem

MrJason005

√2
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, recently I got some HORI screen protectors.
And, I successfully applied the bottom touch screen with no problems, but the top is disgusting...
In the middle and the top right areas, it has something which makes it look all pixelated, but when I try to clean it, it makes it look even worse.
I'm guessing I'm removing the silicone under the screen protector by wiping it, and that makes it look horrible.
Is there a way to fix this some how? It really contrasts when you have a white background like the menu (When I'm not using a black theme), and especially when you have the 3D on.
Thanks.
*EDIT* Here are pictures

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, recently I got some HORI screen protectors.
And, I successfully applied the bottom touch screen with no problems, but the top is disgusting...
In the middle and the top right areas, it has something which makes it look all pixelated, but when I try to clean it, it makes it look even worse.
I'm guessing I'm removing the silicone under the screen protector by wiping it, and that makes it look horrible.
Is there a way to fix this some how? It really contrasts when you have a white background like the menu (When I'm not using a black theme), and especially when you have the 3D on.
Thanks.

Can you make a picture of the screen in 2D? I have the same screen protectors on my n3DS XL and my Zelda 3DS XL and never have had any problems.

MrJason005

√2
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I suppose you are talking about the specs that kinda look like artifacts (but aren't of course)? It could be two things, dirt under the SP or damage in the SP.
When I was applying the SP, I saw some dirt under it and tried lifting the SP up and cleaning it, but it resulted in that artifact.
It can be more clearly seen in the battery icon (Camera can't really see it clearly), but most irritating is in the middle.
I'm leaning towards damage to the sticky side of the SP...
Is there any solution to it?
I heard of taking it off and washing it in water, and it sticks to the screen that way.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I always do and works great, is taking scotch tape and use that to undo the surfaces of dirt, both the sticky side of the SP and the screen itself. I always seem to get one particle of dust when I apply SPs :ohnoes: but when using that trick, all is well afterwards.

MrJason005

√2
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What I always do and works great, is taking scotch tape and use that to undo the surfaces of dirt, both the sticky side of the SP and the screen itself. I always seem to get one particle of dust when I apply SPs :ohnoes: but when using that trick, all is well afterwards.
But whenever I try to clean the screen under the protector, nothing improves.
And, I thought that whatever is causing this problem is stuck on the sticky side of the SP, so I tried wiping the under side of the SP.
But whenever I try to clean the underside of the SP. it becomes worse.

D

Deleted-355425

You cannot let anything touch the underside of the screen protector at all, if you want to fix this you will need a new screen protector.

D

Deleted-355425

Hori, there application method gets it put on perfect with no air bubbles etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o