Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A SCHOOL lab technician has been found guilty of dousing a 17-year-old student's dust mask in chloroform, knocking her unconscious.

Jared Shreeve, 41, from the London suburb of Romford, was convicted of administering a poison with intent to injure, aggrieve or annoy.

Shreeve, who worked as a lab technician at an east London high school, was helping a female student gain experience working with chemicals on July 2, 2008.

At lunchtime that day, Shreeve took the 17-year-old to the chemical store where he gave the girl a dust mask, instructing her to put it over her nose and mouth.

Prior to handing over the mask, Shreeve had doused it with chloroform from a brown bottle which he had marked "Chemical Odour Neutraliser".

The girl removed the mask when she began to feel unwell, but Shreeve insisted she wear it. The girl was later overcome by fumes and passed out.

She suffered a chemical burn to her face and was treated at London's King Georges Hospital.

Under questioning Shreeve denied any knowledge of the harmful effects of chloroform.

This claim was contradicted when it was established he had a sound understanding of chemicals, and could distinguish unidentified substances by their odor alone.

He will be sentenced next month.

Source

Smell like Chloroform to you?

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zeroneo said:
Did he want to rape her or something? Can't really think of another reason to do what he did.

there's probably more to the story than simply him drugging her, news.com.au like to leave out bits and pieces to demonize people just to make the headlines a bit more exciting.

Maxi Maxi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, if you got people guessing it would be more exciting, I suppose. Weird story, though.
I find it hilarious that he tried to deny his knowledge of chemicals despite being a school lab technician. I mean, did he seriously think he'd get away with that?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What happened to rufies like the good ol' days?

but seriously why was a 17 year old girl going alone with a forty year teacher off campus in the middle of school? i dont care how much you trust him, you only trust them on campus. too many stories like this to not know.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cermage said:
Zeroneo said:
Did he want to rape her or something? Can't really think of another reason to do what he did.

there's probably more to the story than simply him drugging her, news.com.au like to leave out bits and pieces to demonize people just to make the headlines a bit more exciting.
It's probably more likely that this is all the information that's been released as of yet.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, fuck. Now my Chloromask Halloween costume idea is a no-go. Thanks, lab tech.
mad.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
From this article alone it doesn't seem the female complained about her professor's actions. Which is weird because most times the situation like this the female usually accuses their victim of rape or sexual assault!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass