SaveMii and banner brick

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lime_slusho, Oct 1, 2008.

Oct 1, 2008

SaveMii and banner brick by lime_slusho at 3:33 AM (1,930 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. lime_slusho
    OP

Newcomer lime_slusho Member

United States
    Ok I have a question. I have an unmodded wii, with twilight hack and 3.3u and a retail copy of twilight princess, would I be able to use that to fix my wii with SaveMii?

2. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If the Twilight Hack is installed already on your system, I do believe you shouldn't have any problem fixing your system with the SaveMii. That's just the theory of the recovery menu, though. You should probably wait to get a response from someone with first hand experience, though.

3. denzil

Newcomer denzil Advanced Member

United States
    No, you're pretty close, tho. SaveMii allows the Wii to install updates from disks and boot diagnostic disks (the so-called "autoboot" disks). You could convert a copy of Zelda to such an autoboot disk, burn it, boot it with SaveMii and let it run the Twilight Hack you luckily have installed, after which you could use AnyTitleDeleter to delete the channel with the bad banner data. But: A Wii without a modchip will not accept burnt disks as Wii disks. So you're out of luck until you get your Wii (temporarily) chipped.

4. lime_slusho
    OP

Newcomer lime_slusho Member

United States
    Wait, can't I just run an autoboot of twilight princess on 3.3u without SaveMii? Also, isn't there a wad uninstaller disc? Could I just run that instead of a rom of twilight princess?

5. denzil

Newcomer denzil Advanced Member

United States
    No. Because if you're on a 3.3 system menu it means your Wii will not accept custom made and in consequence fakesigned ("trucha signed") disks anymore. Also, such a disk would have to be burnt, and a Wii without modchip will not ... well, you catch the drift.