Savegame mess

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by PagaN, Oct 1, 2009.

Oct 1, 2009

Savegame mess by PagaN at 4:46 PM (1,031 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. PagaN
    OP

Member PagaN GBAtemp Regular

Cuba
    savegames and roms in one folder is mess, its possible to separate folders like on ez-flash v+ cards?
    GAMES

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    How is it a mess? You can hide the sav files so they don't show up in the browser.

3. PagaN
    OP

Member PagaN GBAtemp Regular

Cuba
    .sav and .nds in one folder GAMES is mess, if i have many roms and saves...

4. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Akaio doesn't use a seperate save game folder, I'd like if there was that option though.
    If its a mess, all you can do is set akaio to show only one file type at a time. In the settings menu there is an option to show files of type, set it to NDS or NDS and SAV etc.

5. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

What I don't understand is WHY you think it's a mess. In windows you can sort by extension, in AKAIO you can hide sav files. I mean, what is the problem with having both saves and roms in the same folder? Do you play games or just stare at your folder?

6. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Gotta agree with zero, how is it a mess? And who cares how it looks, the only time you see it is when the microsd card is in the PC. Saves are either grouped with the game or all grouped together, it's not like it's a minefield of file names or anything.

7. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It would be easier if you guys just made something up to placate him. For example, let's all say that putting .sav files in the same directory as the roms speeds up the access time which means it's faster.

8. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's been done on other cards as a user-selectable option. CycloDS is an example. I have seen a separate SAV directory break some 3rd party utilities like Rominator 2008, which has an excellent SAV backup tool that looks for the SAV files in the same folder as the ROMs.

This option was mostly used as a crude SAV manager in the CycloDS. For example, you keep your SAV files with the ROMS then when a friend wants to play to change to Alternate SAV location and their SAV files are in the separate SAV folder.

Of course since AKAIO can already handle multiple SAV files, the above example is not a reason for this to be implemented in AKAIO.

IMHO, this feature isn't for the masses.