Savedatafiler --broken-- error

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lucifer666, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    I'm trying to copy my save on my eshop version of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire to my .3DZ file on my gateway

So I used the select menu to pick Pokemon Alpha Sapphire then opened savedatafiler

but in the first column, 'User', just about 90% of the titles are shown as -- broken --

also I keep trying to type in the strings I see in SDF into 3ds.essh.co to work out which title is which, but no dice. they don't mean anything

what's going on? Please help

Thanks in advance

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Pokemon is a card 2 game so there is no save on the sd card it's in the rom. Did you make a save for SDF to extract that has the 4.x crypto?

3. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    yeah but if you read my OP I said that I have an eShop copy (.cia) that I'm trying to export
    those aren't encrypted I think

4. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    So you havn't extracted the eshop save yet? And is it an official eshop game?

5. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    You can't use the eShop save with a ROM as the save does not contain any header information. Had you wanted to use a 3DS/3DZ save with an eShop version, the answer would be in your favour.

6. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I've never had a problem extracting eshop games as long as I have 9.x firm to properly extract the save