saved data not read

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kingbuzo, Jan 22, 2010.

Jan 22, 2010

saved data not read by kingbuzo at 4:00 AM (990 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. kingbuzo
    OP

Newcomer kingbuzo Newbie

Canada
    saved data could not be read. turn the power off & reinsert the game card. < ---i get this error on every game

ive been searching for an answer, but cant find it.....

this is a ds lite that has nothing done to it.....it is doing this error on all bought and paid for legit games. most of what ive read in my search is for nds emulators for pc.....this is not that....this is an actual dslite console. r4 or acekards etc have not been used or tested in this console.

if someone can put me in the right direction i would love to fix this for my sons friend. thank you for looking and also for your help.

2. ByteMunch

Member ByteMunch GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Try contacting nintendo or your reseller. They should repair it if it's still in warranty.
    Your warranty will be invalid if you have spilt something, dropped it, or it has been in your care for a certain amount of time.

It might just be something simple, like dust on the connectors though...

Good luck

3. kingbuzo
    OP

Newcomer kingbuzo Newbie

Canada
    this is out of warranty....ive cleaned all contacts with contact cleaner....it looks like it boots into the game but then the error....the error message is displayed in the "font type" that the game itself uses..this goes for all the games.... (if you understand that...)

i tried my sons acekard2i in it and it doesnt even recognize that at all in the main menu display....

im wondering if the memory chip inside the ds has become corrupt....any way to flash these yourself?
    thanks for the help

4. ByteMunch

Member ByteMunch GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I see what you mean by Font Type...
    This seems like the same message I get when I don't set save types in no$gba emulator...
    So I would guess at the save type recogniser thingy (If that exists) has broken, and so the DS cannot specify how the game saves. But I'm quite new to this, so don't rely on my knowledge [​IMG]

I would say, ask an expert or wait for someone with more cleverfulness to come along. Sorry I cant be of more help. [​IMG]

Edit: Fixed my grammatical failiures.

5. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I don't know what contacts are used for reading what on an NDS so someone can correct me if i'm wrong but could the pins in the NDS cartridge slot that read/write save data have been damaged somehow? If so it would explain why the game can be read but not the save data but means a costly/difficult repair job (assuming you know how to solder etc.)

6. kingbuzo
    OP

Newcomer kingbuzo Newbie

Canada
    you were right jamstruth...it was the contacts....when i opend it up...i found a small coper contact....upon further inspection...the card contact was missing...i had an extra for parts...removed the old card slot and replaced...all is good/ runs fine....

fixed 2 different ds's tonight both with success now 2 kids will be happy =) thanks for all your help guys and thank you jamstruth =)

EDIT::::

also jamstruth:

when looking at the top of the card slot with the "card-in" opening facing away from you .......and......from right to left the 5 pin was bent a bit and the 6th pin gone.....i think the 5th pin was still making contact even though it was bent a bit...might help someone =)