Save Injecting not Working

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by KomasterXX, Jun 14, 2017.

1. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    Hi all, so my situation is as follows;

I was testing out Hourglass9's capabilities to convert System Titles to CIA format - I also removed the installed CIA Title (Which is a custom VC GBA Title; Megaman Battle network 4) in the 3DS system.

Before this, I had already used Hourglass9's VC Save dumping option - creating a gba.sav for the respective title.

However, I reinstalled the CIA (which was converted from a system title to CIA in the first place) into the system. I tried injecting the gba.sav, but it does not load the save file...

So, have I lost my save file, and if so, where did I go wrong?

In case its relevant, I have a N3ds xl on 11.4 - Using Boot9strap 1.0...

Last edited by KomasterXX, Jun 14, 2017
  2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    sounds kinda simple to ask, but had you launched the tittle and created a new save?
    some software (not sure if it's the case of hourglass) can't import saves if there isn't a save already to replace...

3. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    I actually did try to create a new save within the game, and dumping the save accordingly. Strangely enough, I have an older save which does not affect the newly formed save in anyway, leaving it as it is. The latest save that I created, when dumped, erases the newly formed save. = /