Save Injecting not Working

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by KomasterXX, Jun 14, 2017.

1. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    Hi all, so my situation is as follows;

I was testing out Hourglass9's capabilities to convert System Titles to CIA format - I also removed the installed CIA Title (Which is a custom VC GBA Title; Megaman Battle network 4) in the 3DS system.

Before this, I had already used Hourglass9's VC Save dumping option - creating a gba.sav for the respective title.

However, I reinstalled the CIA (which was converted from a system title to CIA in the first place) into the system. I tried injecting the gba.sav, but it does not load the save file...

So, have I lost my save file, and if so, where did I go wrong?

In case its relevant, I have a N3ds xl on 11.4 - Using Boot9strap 1.0...

Last edited by KomasterXX, Jun 14, 2017
  2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    sounds kinda simple to ask, but had you launched the tittle and created a new save?
    some software (not sure if it's the case of hourglass) can't import saves if there isn't a save already to replace...

3. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    I actually did try to create a new save within the game, and dumping the save accordingly. Strangely enough, I have an older save which does not affect the newly formed save in anyway, leaving it as it is. The latest save that I created, when dumped, erases the newly formed save. = /