Save Database Editing and Fixing

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Octopus3535, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Octopus3535
    OP

Octopus3535 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    So I have delima I've been trying to fix for a few months I have made some progress on but not a lot. So I made back ups of all my save files and deleted them all except 3 games i cared about, Skyrim, Metro Redux, and HZDC. I beat Metro Redux on Legendary Ranger and Horizon Zero Dawn. I have don't have a real problem playing these games again, but I was about to do the DLC for HZDC and I added 15+ hours in Skyrim. After I played those for a couple of weeks and beat them i decided to restore my saves from before of all my games. This seems to have (I'm guessing) to have replaced my Saves.db or what ever the save database files is called. From what I can tell (again I've just been tooling around) the ps4 refers to this where all the saves are, size, data, if corrupt, and some other things. Since I restored and older save database my new saves are not listed I managed to edit this file and get my old Skyrim save to show up by doing this.
    1. Dumped all saves and looked for my skyrim saves and made note of them
    2. Created a new expendable save and dumped all saves again.
    3. Added my old good save to the skyrim saves folder, and replaced the name of the expendable saves name with the old good save.
    4. This now shows up when I select load game, but I couldn't figure out certain properties of it like Block size and what not
    5. When I load it tells me it corrupt, which I think is from mismatching info about the block sizes.

Is there away to force the ps4 to add the save to the database? Or force it load it through skyrim and create a new save from it? I just don't want to go back to level 12 from 30 :(

2. Fleure

Fleure Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Serbia, Republic of
    As far as I'm aware, there currently isn't a way to restore backed up save files without them being recognized as corrupt when running the game.

3. Octopus3535
    OP

Octopus3535 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying but I can get the save file to be recognized as corrupt by changing the directory of an expendable save file with the one that I want. I believe this is because that I only change the directory of the save and not all of the information. I don't know all the information so I really can't change anything to specific with out guessing. When I load the save in Skyrim in this is when it tells me it corrupt. I'm very sure that it isn't though because it was a quick save I was using to save scum a pickpocket and loaded many times.

4. Fleure

Fleure Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Serbia, Republic of
    Have you re-initialized your PS4 or changed your profile in any way? Have your rebuilt the database or anything similar? If I understand correctly, you are transferring save files via FTP from/to: /user/home/[profile name]/savedata. The files you find there is all the 'information' there is. If your save files are recognized as CORRUPT after transferring them from your PC to your /savedata/ folder on your PS4, then, as far as I'm aware, there's nothing you can do about it currently.

5. Octopus3535
    OP

Octopus3535 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    I replaced my database with a backup and now it only shows my old save files. When I try and edit my save database I cannot fill out ever part of it I need, so there's mismatching information from the database to the save file, so I believe that my PS4 then determine it corrupt. You can go into the PS4's save database and actually change the value once it realizes it's corrupt from 1 to 0 and it will show the save like normal. But when loading the save, it fails and determines it corrupt. It may just be corrupt and I think I'm going to go and try a few more things to determine whether it's actually corrupt or not.