SaltFW question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by shadowfocus603, Nov 11, 2016.

1. shadowfocus603
    OP

shadowfocus603 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    So I intend to send my brother a 2ds that has already been soft modded with A9LH and Luma. Seeing as he lives about 1k miles from me I want to idiot proof it (bad wording but you get the idea). I downloaded the SaltFW 3.1 LTS a9lh bin and dropped it on the sd card but when I try to boot the blue power light comes on and thats it. No screens no boot nada. Not new to this so I am a bit confused as to wth I am missing. Current setup:
    Nintendo 2DS
    A9LH/Luma updated to 11.2
    Recent changes as of this week: Updated A9LH, set up sd-less boot (still booting with sd card), Luma updated to 6.5.
    When I tried to use SaltFW bin I moved the Luma bin off the sd completely. First time I tried to boot that's all I did. Second time I tried to boot I also moved the Luma folder on the off chance it was causing issue. System boots perfectly with Luma bin and I tried re-downloading SaltFW bin to no avail. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. shadowfocus603
    OP

shadowfocus603 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    And to clarify, when I say SaltFW bin, I am referring to the arm9loaderhax.bin that came in the SaltFW zip

3. craftsygaming

craftsygaming Genning for verlis

Sep 24, 2015
    United States
    Smashville
    omg same sorry if i got your hopes up