Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Just when you thought the DS had enough RPGs.. Square-Enix is giving us another 3D remake, this time the victim is the Game Boy RPG SaGa 2, better known in the West as "Final Fantasy Legend II".

from wikipedia:
QUOTE said:
The story in Final Fantasy Legend II revolves around MAGI, the shards of a shattered statue of the goddess, Isis. The Hero is awakened by his father, who explains he has to leave for a while. He then makes his way through the Hero's open window.
Years later, the Hero decides to set out to find his father, and eventually joins a fight involving new gods bent on taking over the world and the Guardians, an organization dedicated to the protection of MAGI and to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.
The player visits twelve distinct worlds, in addition to the Celestial World and the shrine at its center. The goal of the game is to collect the varied pieces of MAGI scattered around each of these worlds. These MAGI pieces can also be equipped by your characters to increase stats or grant special abilities.

42279_saga2_122_22lo.jpg

source: http://wiieveryday.blogspot.com/2009/01/fa...u-20090116.html

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing this one all the time as a kid, but I haven't been into it lately. If Matrix Software is behind this, I am so getting this off the bat.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not remake the original Final Fantasy Legends? Or Final Fantasy Adventures? Both are great games that I'm sure would be well received in this day and age.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Why not remake the original Final Fantasy Legends? Or Final Fantasy Adventures? Both are great games that I'm sure would be well received in this day and age.

They did remake FF Adventure for GBA, and it was called Sword of Mana.

I am pretty excited about this, because FF Legend 2 (Sa.Ga.2) was my favorite of the 3. Great news today!

I do wish someone would translate the FF Legend I remake for the Wonderswan. Maybe some day.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Well Final Fantasy Adventures isn't a SaGa game, has it even been said that this game will be referred to as FF elsewhere? I know that FFLII was the name here but I reckon it'll keep the SaGa name when it comes over.

Also Final Fantasy Adventures was remade on the GBA a while ago as Sword of Mana as it wasn't originally a FF game in Japan and while I wouldn't put it past SE to remake that game I'm sure it'll keep the Sword of Mana name.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really hope they will name it "Saga II" and not final fantasy u_u
It was so confusing with all those games renamed to final fantasy only to appeal gamers.

QUOTE said:
Why not remake the original Final Fantasy Legends? Or Final Fantasy Adventures?
Yeah, I don't know why they started with saga II.
Anyway, I don't think they will remake seiken densetsu I (FF Adventure), as it's been remade on GBA not so long ago.

Edit : oops, beaten by Hadrian
tongue.gif

Message to Square-Enix : I would like the next game's serie (Romancing saga) in 2D and in English please
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Anything hello kitty related then