Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can´t we just generate all posible OTP files and validate them with the SafeA9LHInstaller?
I mean if you want to spend all that time validating who knows how many possible OTPs you can, but that's a real waste of time and if you're on an O3ds, the installer can't validate the OTP for a first install, so that's already half, if not more, of the people here, so betting on the installer giving you your OTP is super inefficient if you can even do that.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in understanding that on a N3DS, on a first install, I do not need to do the downgrading to 2.1 portion or get the OTP with this? I'm finally going to do A9LH, but I want to know what parts of the process I'm now able to skip and do this instead.

Thanks!

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in understanding that on a N3DS, on a first install, I do not need to do the downgrading to 2.1 portion or get the OTP with this? I'm finally going to do A9LH, but I want to know what parts of the process I'm now able to skip and do this instead.

Thanks!
You still need your OTP, so you still need to get to 2.1.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!
Unfortunately no. You still need to downgrade to 2.1 to obtain your OTP. This just validates the hash of your OTP to make sure it's your own.

Reactions: Just Passing By

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So just to be 100% sure here, even tho I'm using an o3ds I'm still using new3ds90.firm(renamed to firm0.bin) and new3ds10.firm(renamed to firm1.bin) and secret_sector.bin from capito27 and the payload_stage1 and payload_stage2 from @Supster131 post above.

I'm just making 100% sure before I go through with this on my buddy's o3ds.

So I download these and put them BOTH?? In a folder called a9lh on the root with new3ds90.firm(renamed to firm0.bin) and new3ds10.firm(renamed to firm1.bin) and secret_sector.bin from capito27 even tho I'm old 3ds? It doesn't matter that they're new3ds firm?

This is obviously for a full install, and I just wanna make sure before I do this on my buddy's o3ds. And the no screen init version with aureinand and her boot loader built in is the way to go

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to be 100% sure here, even tho I'm using an o3ds I'm still using new3ds90.firm(renamed to firm0.bin) and new3ds10.firm(renamed to firm1.bin) and secret_sector.bin from capito27 and the payload_stage1 and payload_stage2 from @Supster131 post above.

I'm just making 100% sure before I go through with this on my buddy's o3ds.

So I download these and put them BOTH?? In a folder called a9lh on the root with new3ds90.firm(renamed to firm0.bin) and new3ds10.firm(renamed to firm1.bin) and secret_sector.bin from capito27 even tho I'm old 3ds? It doesn't matter that they're new3ds firm?

This is obviously for a full install, and I just wanna make sure before I do this on my buddy's o3ds. And the no screen init version with aureinand and her boot loader built in is the way to go
Yup, that's exactly what you do. Don't forget HIS OTP.

Reactions: 4gionz
D

Deleted User

I did this to, but now my o3DS just shuts down after 1 or 2 seconds :( What did I miss?
Make sure you have "arm9loaderhax.bin" in your root of the SD card, you are NOT bricked. Extract AuReiNand and AuReiNand's firmware.bin

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to update old A9LH to newer one with this
So after booting i choose the update option, said all was successfull, so i rebooted
and it gave me only 2 black screens.

I know for sure i had the correct otp.bin in the a9lh folder.

If updating from a different A9LH, you don't need otp.bin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

v1.2
-otp.bin is not needed from A9LH anymore, as it's possible to just use the SHA register leftovers.

What exactly is she referring to here? Once we compile a9lh with our otp, we don't actually need otp.bin on the sd card during first install?

Doopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly is she referring to here? Once we compile a9lh with our otp, we don't actually need otp.bin on the sd card during first install?
"From A9LH". It's talking about booting the arm9loaderhax.bin version with A9LH already installed.

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
One suggestion, it's better that you kept your current payload_stage1.bin on your PC.
After you compiled the new version of stage1 and stage2, you should compare the new payload_stage1.bin with the old one.
If there's no difference between them, it should be safe to do stage2 update.
Otherwise you should wait for a while and check the feedbacks on the fourm.

Reactions: Doopl

NinjaBoyLao2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I need help. I've got Plailect/Delebile's a9lh installed right now, what do i do to add this in? do i need to UNinstall anything..? or like, help guide me.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I need help. I've got Plailect/Delebile's a9lh installed right now, what do i do to add this in? do i need to UNinstall anything..? or like, help guide me.
Does everything work for you? Because if everything works, you don't really need to do anything unless you'd like to switch forks to Aurora's.

If yes, the hardest thing to do (and it's not too hard) is to compile stage 1 and 2 for the fork you'd like and then follow the instructions for "a full install" in the OP.

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Do a full install should be OK (the old A9LH will be overwritten)
And you need to put "a9lh" folder with payload_stage1.bin, payload_stage2.bin, firm0.bin (which is new3ds90.firm), firm1.bin (which is new3ds10.firm), secret_sector.bin and (only for first installs!) your personal otp.bin to the root of SD.

NinjaBoyLao2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does everything work for you? Because if everything works, you don't really need to do anything unless you'd like to switch forks to Aurora's.

If yes, the hardest thing to do (and it's not too hard) is to compile stage 1 and 2 for the fork you'd like and then follow the instructions for "a full install" in the OP.

Uh, well, everything works but this seems to include more features? or, it seems safer? I don't know? i just like the idea of "even saferer" (thanks r/3DSHacks)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge