Safe to format with haxchi (non boot) installed?

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Giving one of my WiiUs to my brother. He doesn't want the mod. Is it safe to just reset to factory settings or should I uninstall first?

Anything else I need to be aware of?

Cheers :)

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're not using cbhc then it should be safe. The console is already booting correctly unmodded, so you know it'll still boot correctly even if you uninstalled haxchi.

I would just make sure your browser is functional at least, because you want a way to get back into HBL just in case something turns out to be broken that you hadn't noticed. If it's not working then you want to be able to boot into HBL using haxchi so you can fix it first.

Although I think with the bluetooth exploit you could do something to fix things too, but browser method is easy and reliable so it's best if that at least works.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
haxchi doesn't really modify anything important, it just replaces a game with something that can run hbl and apply temporary system patches when run. if you've never messed with nand contents there shouldn't really be anything that could have been broken, it should essentially just revert to a pre-modded state just by uninstalling or formatting the system.

I do insist that you should make sure the browser is working before uninstalling, though. You never know what one may want to do with the system in the future, gotta make sure at least some entry point is available.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A