1. Cranberry27

OP Cranberry27 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Hey guys,

So I bought this switch online which unfortunately is banned by Nintendo (no sysnand backup).
    I was thinking if there's a way to run tinfoil without it asking to update or download?
    I tried a lot of ways to do it like reinstalling it and also tried incognito mode if that helps me connecting to the internet but no luck.
    without the incognito mode the error says "connecting to the internet is restricted by nintendo" if it's incognito mode it says "unable to communicate with the server"

I hope you guys can help me on this.
    Thank you in advance!

2. Cranberry27

OP Cranberry27 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Basically, is there a way for this console to play a game? So I installed homebrew,hatake and there are games in the system but it won't run.

3. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Tinfoil doesn't connect to Nintendo's servers, so even on a banned Switch, it should work. I suspect you just need proper sigpatches to make your games run. Assuming you've got an unpatched unit (looks like it), make a Nand backup first with Hekate, then start from scratch. It should work.
    Here's a guide (one of many)
    https://birbchirp.gitbook.io/switchguide/

Cranberry27 likes this.
  4. Cranberry27

OP Cranberry27 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Cool! It's now working I guess it was just the sigpatches, thank you again Dust! :D

Dust2dust and shanefromoz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - download, Tilfoil, without