Rumor: Infinity Ward Going AWOL on Modern Warfare?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Raiser, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Source

I wouldn't doubt this. I mean, Modern Warfare 2 wasn't really that different from it's predecessor. What more could they add to a MW3?
    Yes, MW3 hasn't been officially announced, but me thinks it's eventually going to come especially with the story still incomplete.

But a MW-type MMO... interesting..
    Rumors is rumors.

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Wouldn't mind that actually. MW 1 was a really good game, but my hype for the second game was way less and I didn't amuse it so much. There were some good missions, but it never amazed me like MW 1 did.

Also, they say they are making a MMO, that MMO could be everything, doesn't have to be MW-type.

3. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Really? It failed that bad?

4. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    I wonder how the .7 part come about. Maybe one guy only got through 70% of the download.

5. MasterPenguin

Member MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I think Mario sold more then that. [​IMG]

On a more serious note though, it's all just more rumors...

6. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I do think it's supposed to be "million" after 4.7... i dunno... sounds better that way

7. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i think there should have been million after both 4.7 and $550...
    MMOs are really gaining momentum esp since so many ads are concerning them... i mean some just showing women and no games but many (varieties) of the games are rising

8. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    But Modern Warfare is better than the WWII games although they should make a Vietnam game.

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I think the general assumption is CoD7 is a Vietnam game, if you were wondering.

The thing with WWII shooters is that they aren't bad for being set in an older time, they were bad because it was a worn out time period for shooters. Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Brothers in Arms, it was just way too many. Now with all these previous WWII shooters jumping on the modern time bandwagon, in a few years we'll be saying "modern shooters are boring". Then I guess we'll be going to the future with lasers!

...Oh wait, Halo.

10. MuppetInvasion

Banned MuppetInvasion Banned

Australia
    The thing about WW2 shooters is they never have a REAL storyline, with exceptions such a wolfenstein. Usually its just "this is were you are fighting now kill some guys". If they offered a story as grand as halo they would be more appealing.

11. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    *ahem* Doom, Quake and Unreal Tournament are all set in the future, not to mention are far better franchises than Halo.

Futuristic games would be far more enjoyable if people came up with unique scenarios, just like modern shooters and old World War 2 themed games. Jeez, there are so many war events in history that have never been told through video games like the Crusades. Though I suppose any religious war game might be offensive to all the religious wing nuts, not that it would matter cause they are the kinds of people who cried about MW2. The notion that MW3 won't ever come out is silly though, if there is a sequel then it won't be any time soon if Infinity Ward has any common sense, they would be working on another title before starting MW3 and prolonging the expectation if they do happen to announce it at some point, or they are going to wrap up the game through extra content via DLC.