Hardware [rumor] 3ds major revision on 2012

horofrof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not sure if I'm too late on this issue but I've been hearing a lot of rumors on the net about this hardware revisions coming 2012. As an early adopter of 3ds I'm already pissed on their silly price cut after 6 months now they're slapping us with a refined 3ds not later than a year? This is ridiculous. I love nintendo but this is getting worse. I hope its not true :( I'm not insinuating or something but if this is true then...(deep sharp inhale, eyes closed then exhale grief)

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It is just a rumour so just treat it as just false.
Also it won't be that major, all it will do is make a 3DS attachment built-in, but may have to trim it down a bit in the process making it not as good.
Oh and Nintendo know that this will upset people if they did this so they would:
A) Not do it until late 2013 at the earliest.
B) release it in 2012 and give everyone and extra 30 free games from the E-Shop.
Either way, It would be fine.

Reactions: 4 people

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
well guys from what i can say
rumor of revision in 2012 with a second analogue stick BUT!!!! it lacks 3D features

i think its purely trolling by anotehr company to wind people up so they dont buy

maybe sony

if trolling increases its because Vita has first loop-hole spotted lol

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh
No, it's a rumor that got circulated when people complained about the 3d, and circle pad pro.
There's no way they'd tone down the 3D when you can tone it down yourself, there's a reason it has an "off" next to the slide
and I doubt they'd release the updated version if there is one next year. Expect one like that in at least two years

horofrof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well said guys, I do call this insane rumor BS. just want to hear what other people have to say. I'm loving my 3ds as it is atm :lol:

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this has been answered in so many topics that i wotn even try making you understand why nintendo wont be making a revision anytime soon
-.-

because Nintendo wants to be a troll and prove people wrong who are waiting for the 2nd generation and saving their money.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'll be honest: If I were to choose between a lighter, longer battery life system with two sticks playing just 3DS games and a heavier, 3 - 5 hour system with backwards compatibility but just one stick, I'll rather have the one with one stick. :glare:

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The ds lite was only released a little more than a year after the phat at least in Europe ds phat 11 march 2005 , ds lite 11 June 2006 (for japan it was a little less than 1,5 year) so it wouldn't be that strange to see a reversion in 2012 especially since the first reversion is like with the original ds quite bad.
I don't get it that people get mad at Nintendo for trying to make there products better, same with the price drop yes you paid more than a person buying it a little later but you where the one who decided it was worth the price, its your own fault for buying the thing so expensive and you will benefit from the drop because more people will buy the thing now which results in more games.
In short stop bitching about Nintendo improving its products.

Reactions: 1 person

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ds lite was only released a little more than a year after the phat at least in Europe ds phat 11 march 2005 , ds lite 11 June 2006 (for japan it was a little less than 1,5 year) so it wouldn't be that strange to see a reversion in 2012 especially since the first reversion is like with the original ds quite bad.
I don't get it that people get mad at Nintendo for trying to make there products better, same with the price drop yes you paid more than a person buying it a little later but you where the one who decided it was worth the price, its your own fault for buying the thing so expensive and you will benefit from the drop because more people will buy the thing now which results in more games.

well it's not about the nintendo improving their products, it's that people are going around saying that they will add a second analog stick since they added the slide stick and not realizing that the thing is not a "need" to play the games it was built for.

undercoverjamil

Trophies
XP
Country

they shouldn't have sold us half made products in the first place. The ones that bought it first are obviously the loyal fans and so our 'bitching' should mean quite a lot to Nintendo.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

well it's not about the nintendo improving their products, it's that people are going around saying that they will add a second analog stick since they added the slide stick and not realizing that the thing is not a "need" to play the games it was built for.

they shouldn't have sold us half made products in the first place. The ones that bought it first are obviously the loyal fans and so our 'bitching' should mean quite a lot to Nintendo.

You could see that the thing didn't have a second analog stick from the start so if you bought it you bought it knowing it was lacking this feature, yet you bought it so I assume the thing was good enough for you without a second analog stick.
So the fact that they try to improve the thing for the people who didn't find it good enough to buy in its first stage are now maybe willing to buy the thing.
If you think the product is half baked why did you buy it in the first place?
If Nintendo where to release a bag of shit for 30$ would you decide not to buy it or would you buy it and afterwards rage at nintendo for releasing a bag of shit.
The same could be said about the 3ds if you don't want it in its current stage don't buy it. If Nintendo is releasing a better version it can only be a good thing.
You could argue that because of the sudden appearance of a second nub games will for the use of it upon users but I dont think they will anytime soon and even if they do you can use that second nub extension which isn't that expensive but really even if they do force it would you say that it makes your game experience with the old device significantly worse, most likely no.

horofrof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this has been answered in so many topics that i wotn even try making you understand why nintendo wont be making a revision anytime soon
-.-
you dont need to try. Im not asking anything from you either. if its old news for you then move out.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Rumors are just that... RUMORS. *sigh* It's circulating because of the people speculating that with the release of the circle pad, that Nintendo will give us a revision shortly after. All it will do, if there is one, is add a second slide pad and make the console a little bigger. Hell, there may even be a better battery put in. Who knows? Again, it's just a rumor. Nothing more, nothing less.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
‘rebranded’ handheld which will feature a second circle pad and ”will radically tone down the 3D features.”

So, the rumor makes mention about a 2nd slide pad, but makes no mention about additional shoulder buttons that are included in the current attachment? Yeah, totally false rumor. Even if it were true, then how would those with the rebranded handheld be able to play those specific games without those extra shoulder buttons? Use the attachment? Now tell me, what would be the point of having a 2nd built-in slider pad, but still require the use of the attachment for having those shoulder buttons, but now making it have 3 slide pads?

Logic, people!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night