Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont know exactly when this happened but it must be around the time where of the big update.
https://gbatemp.net/official/~/index.rss was previously a perfectly fine, parsable rss feed but now it acts as a file to download, which breaks functionality.

On a semi-related note: when i searched for this issue on this forum, i came across this thread which just does not want to load at all. The site works perfectly fine for me but for whatever reason this one thread refuses to work. (For me) It is a white page and reloads every 2 seconds. Noe clue why this thread has a stroke but i thought i mention it.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Odd. Clicking the first link loads the RSS in the web browser and doesn't prompt me to download it. And the thread you linked loads fine.

Which browser are you using?
Recent version of firefox (no weird extensions enabled).

Can you try to use online RSS readers with the URL? they dont work for me either.
maybe your browser is smart enough to display the file to work around a real existing problem?
If online parsers do work for you then the problem is on my end

Reactions: baylen

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recent version of firefox (no weird extensions enabled).

Can you try to use online RSS readers with the URL? they dont work for me either.
maybe your browser is smart enough to display the file to work around a real existing problem?
If online parsers do work for you then the problem is on my end
Yeah they don't work in an online parser just like you said. I'm using Chrome for what it's worth.

Reactions: baylen and Slluxx

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah they don't work in an online parser just like you said. I'm using Chrome for what it's worth.
Hm. as a developer i dont like chromes behavior as it masks a real problem. as a user i think it does a great job.

anyway, i hope this can and will be fixed as i am trying to integrate gbatemp news in a homebrew application

Reactions: baylen and Scarlet

deviceofneed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there has been a fix to this yet? I use Newsboat, a terminal based RSS reader, and whenever I try any of the mentioned links, they don't work. However, when I try the same links on other RSS readers it seems to work for some reason. All my other RSS links within Newsboat work, it's just GBATemp's that doesn't for some reason.

Reactions: baylen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.