Rominator Available Freely!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by hankchill, Jun 4, 2009.

Jun 4, 2009

Rominator Available Freely! by hankchill at 8:16 AM (5,545 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Hey Everyone,

I've spent quite some time thinking about this, and have come to the decision that Rominator will, from now on, be available as free. I had tried to update the application to unlock all of the features right away, however in my last major hard drive crash I lost all the graphics so I cannot recompile Rominator 2008. So instead, I've created a registration code for everyone to use!

Simply open Rominator, go into the Settings, and under Registration enter the following key: F00615-401F51

You may distribute this code freely as well. If you are new to Rominator, you can download it in the GBAtemp downloads section, or from the website, at http://www.rominator.com/

What this means for the future of Rominator

Well as most of you know I'm currently undergoing a financial crisis so I am unable to spend time at Rominator for the time being, so development has been put on hold. I have appointed an administrator to do the database updates whom I know will do an amazing job. I have so many things planned for Rominator 2009 that I wish I could talk about and develop, but time currently does not permit me to do so.

This also means that Rominator 2009 will be free as well. Every feature, including all bonus features new and old, will be available right from the start.

Any feedback and future donations towards Rominator are still much appreciated and more than welcome.

Regards,
    --Henry

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    Thanks again, Henry. You rule! I appreciate it!

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Great news mate. Love the application.

Off topic: Will you be on another podacst?

4. Praetor192

Member Praetor192 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    thanks for the sweet program, all the time and effort you put into making it, and the time in which you used to support it. when i had an unpaid version with a bug, you responded quickly and kindly to help fix my problem.

good luck on any future endeavors.

5. TwoBladedKnight

Member TwoBladedKnight GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Awesome, I was a bit skeptical at first but I started using it and it's pretty uber

6. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Whoa, thanks Hank, this is really useful [​IMG]. Hope the workload doesn't get too much, good luck with it all.

7. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Thanks man. Very cool app and since I'm back on the DS scene I'll be re-using this app again.

8. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Thanks a lot!
    I hope you solve your problems soon, so we can see 2009 [​IMG]

9. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I have too many fricking games and need to organize em so it looks like I have to use yer silly program [​IMG]

And posting on GBAtemp at 3 am, you know work is really dead [​IMG]

10. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Thanks a lot! That's so nice of you! So why did you get the idea to make it free?

11. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Wonderful! What a guy! [​IMG]

12. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Well, as mentioned in my post, times are tough so I'm working overtime and extra side jobs to support my family, which leaves me no time for development. If I can't develop something, I wouldn't feel right taking money. I know it's going to be a while, so I'd rather make it free than leave everyone hanging.

13. iMikeAllStar

Newcomer iMikeAllStar Newbie

Portugal
    Hi, hankchill. Pretty amazing app you have here, started using it this week and runs well under osx 10.6.8... some error dialogs, but nothing big. Main problem is the database... I got almost all of it from filetrip, files u/l by Raskull... I which it was a way to update it directly over some website like ds-scene or something... But hey, just two thumbs up for you and your effort and hope you are alright and your family too.

cheers