1. Fadi5555

OP Fadi5555 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi there. I already know there’s just one pc app called romfs explorer. And here’s the link.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tools-switch-toolbox.478249/

But unfortunately it just recognizes if the game comes with istorage extension.

So my question is can I convert nsp/xci files into istorage extension? Or is there any app can makes me explore nsp/xci as romfs?

Thanks for trying to help me out.

2. szczuru

szczuru GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Unpack xci/nsp to nca using hactool then unpack nca to have romfs.bin (also using hactool) and open romfs.bin using romfs explorer.

3. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    There is any pro to this in comparison to unpacking all files? Weight will be the same, but with easier access.

4. szczuru

szczuru GBAtemp Regular

Poland
  5. Fadi5555

OP Fadi5555 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  6. nicoboss

nicoboss GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    How to completely extract Switch games so you can explore them using the Windows Explorer:
    1. Dump all keys needed by following https://gbatemp.net/threads/lockpick-switch-key-derivation-homebrew.525575/
    2. Download latest hactoolnet from https://github.com/Thealexbarney/LibHac/releases and copy it's exe to the folder containing your NSP/XCI files
    3. Open CMD and enter: mkdir "%USERPROFILE%/.switch" & start "" "%USERPROFILE%/.switch"
    4. Copy your prod.keys, title.keys and console.keys in the folder created and opened in the last step
    5 (for NSP). Shift Rightclick => Open CMD (or open powershell and enter cmd) and enter: hactoolnet.exe -t pfs0 --outdir out filename.nsp & for /r %i in (out\*.nca) do hactoolnet.exe --section0dir %i_section0 --section1dir %i_section1 --section2dir %i_section2 --section3dir %i_section3 %i
    5 (for XCI). Shift Rightclick => Open CMD (or open powershell and enter cmd) and enter: hactoolnet.exe -t xci --updatedir out --normaldir out --securedir out --logodir out filename.xci & for /r %i in (out\*.nca) do hactoolnet.exe --section0dir %i_section0 --section1dir %i_section1 --section2dir %i_section2 --section3dir %i_section3 %i

Last edited by nicoboss, Feb 7, 2019
  7. nex86

nex86 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    what about NSZ?

8. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    Decompress with NSCB or nsz.exe and do as told for nsp.

9. nex86

nex86 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    yea I have no idea what the issue with NSCB is..
    I got my prod.keys renamed to keys.txt in ztools like they said so but its not working..

edit: got the NSPs now
    but for hactoolnet. I have no idea whats wrong..
    what do I have to add more except for the nsp filename?

Attached Files:

Last edited by nex86, May 31, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - explorer, switch, Romfs