Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you're in the habit of shooting other players in Red Dead Redemption's Free Roam mode, you might want to watch out. The law may soon be coming to get you.

Rockstar has announced plans to release an update designed to punish all manner of cheaters and griefers in the game's online mode.

Any player caught cheating "beyond a shadow of a doubt" will be banned for a period of Rockstar's discretion. There will also be anti-griefing features that will allow any player is being repeatedly killed in Free Roam to teleport to another area.

If the griefer builds up a six kill streak in Free Roam, they will become "Most Wanted" and an NPC posse will be sent out against them.

"Expect that we'll continue to monitor the lay of the land and fight the good fight via future title updates to make sure everyone's multiplayer experience is as fair and as fun as can be," Rockstar wrote in their post.

The title update will be arriving on Xbox Live and PSN within the next month.

Source

I really need to play this game. It's great to see Rockstar supporting the title so much. Free co-op DLC and now this. Awesome.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Great to hear. I haven't played the game in a few weeks, mainly since none of my friends play online anymore, but now that Free Roam will be monitored and fixed, I might just play on my own.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NPC posse, I can see a griefer killing them off easy unless they are invincible and then they are screwed.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ Hop (having quoting problems) unless the case is that there will be around twenty-five.....thousand members in the posse.

P.S. No more questions thread in siggy?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, I feel like such a lazy ass, i haven't been posting anything lately, it just nags at me when I read something, and then see it here a few hours later, I'm just gonna blaim AlienSwarm
sorry2.gif
(i'm a titanium starred lvl 26)

but anyways, good to hear, those stupid noobs shooting everyone as they spawn will finally be stopped
laugh.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's nice to see that rockstar are supporting and fixing their game, unlike other company's *cough*Infinity ward*cough*.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what about bethesda software? i refuse to buy a single ps3 title by them, they don't support their products. all of the "game of the year" editions have fatal crashing problems.

-another world

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
what about bethesda software? i refuse to buy a single ps3 title by them, they don't support their products. all of the "game of the year" editions have fatal crashing problems.

-another world
its about RDR, not about the PS3 that actually has the most cheaters (at Modern Warfare 2, at least)

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
It's nice to see that rockstar are supporting and fixing their game, unlike other company's *cough*Infinity ward*cough*.

100% agree with you!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
NPC posse, I can see a griefer killing them off easy unless they are invincible and then they are screwed.

They're probably either invincible or difficult as hell. If anything NPC posses will just add more thrill to the game, there's nothing like stirring up a bunch of ruckus with your friends and then shooting everybody who tries to stop you.

As you can see I started playing the game, it's a shame none of my friends have it yet.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drag0nflamez said:
Another World said:

-another world
its about RDR, not about the PS3 that actually has the most cheaters (at Modern Warfare 2, at least)
On the contrary, I've actually only once experienced a hacked game in PS3, and all it was was a speed hack. The game's just incredibly unbalanced, those are things infinity ward need to fix and a few other things.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Another World said:

-another world

yeah tell me about it, there is so much freezing on the GOTY version it's ridiculous, it's a great game but the bugs are too much, i am frequently turning off my ps3 lol

QUOTE(jonesman99 @ Jul 22 2010, 09:55 AM) Now if only they'll do this for GTA 4 that'll be great (as i don't have RDR yet) because these modders coming in just to freeze everyone's game is getting rediculous.

i have never heard of that glitch? that is a new one, that's why i hate online so much, i stay offline, even on RDR i play offline only, there are far too many cheaters spoiling the fun for everyone.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Another World said:

-another world

yeah tell me about it, there is so much freezing on the GOTY version it's ridiculous, it's a great game but the bugs are too much, i am frequently turning off my ps3 lol

If you're talking about Fallout 3, it's a terribly unstable game. That being said it's the only bad thing about the game. It has bugs, glitches, and crashes across all platforms.

After finally tasting the RDR multiplayer all I can say is hoorah. The game is fun but there will be dicks who do nothing but essentially spawn camp you, whether it be to be a dick or for experience points. NPC posses will just even things up and make the game more fun. Odds are if you're getting into enough gunfights against other players a posse will go after you and your gang. Adds for more shootouts.

I wish more than anything though they'd fix the spawn system and help balance the weapons. I mean the game is still fun but when you die, you'll spawn terribly close to where you were last killed and the guy who just killed you can kill you again. And some weapons (notably the High Powered Pistol) seem terribly overpowered.

Great multiplayer still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2