Rockbox *panic* Sansa Fuze V1 Bricked?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by philip11, Jul 10, 2012.

1. philip11
    OP

philip11 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 4, 2011
    United States
    United States
    Here's what happened in semi-great detail

I put some songs on the SD card inserted in my Sansa Fuze V1

I unplugged it and I saw a screen that said *Panic* then a bunch of text and it shutoff leaving absolutely no signs of life

Plug in the the Computer? no

Reset it? no

Turn it on normally? no

they all don't work I tried removing the SD Card still nothing

Help?

2. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Panic would probably mean a "Kernel Panic" the Mac/Linux version of a BSoD. Surprised that it has bricked your player though. No way to get it into a reflashable state? Most of the time something like this should ust be a softbrick not a hard brick.

3. philip11
    OP

philip11 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 4, 2011
    United States
    United States
    Yeah I'm using Linux

But one question if it's softbricked how would I reinstall Rockbox or anything for that matter if it has no OS to Communicate with the Computer?

4. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Just found this article on the RockBox site after some googling. http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMSUnbrick
    There's only 1 way to get this thing back to working: Hardware fiddling. To get into recovery mode you have to short 2 contacts on your player. Doing this will let you access the NAND from a Linux computer and write things to it. At this point its not like you have a lot to lose siunce RockBox has Panicked its way to being unbootable.