DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive got a ps3 with a non working bluray drive, got a sansa e280 with rockbox installed onto it, ive tried a few different psgroove patched rockbox.mi4 files, after i install patched rockbox i do the following
1 power off my phat ps3 using power button by power cord
2 insert turned off sansa with psgroove patched rockbox
3 flip ps3 power switch back on
4 touch power button on ps3 and immidiatly hold the eject button afterwards
i see the sansa has turned on, and the ps3 is taking longer to start up to menu, but there is nothing in the game menu that i can install files from and i can constantly hear my nonworking drive trying to move around and read a disc even though theres nothing in there.
any idea what i could be doing wrong here and why cant i get psgrooove to install?
do i need the drive to work in order to install psgroove in the first place?

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
DaMummy said:
1 power off my phat ps3 using power button by power cord
2 insert turned off sansa with psgroove patched rockbox
2.5 Turn on rockbox; your device needs to be on when you boot your ps3
3 flip ps3 power switch back on
4 touch power button on ps3 and immidiatly hold(you dont need to hold it just press it right after) the eject button afterwards

for me it was the power cycle part i did not get for a while. You just need to turn your mp3 device off then on every time you jailbreak. tutorial should be updated since it does not have any explaination anymore

DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok well when i go into * Install Package Files, it tells me, No installable package was found, and when i go into */app_home/PS3_GAME/ it tells me, An error occurred during the start operation (80028F14)
where do i go from here, is there some mundane detail im missing or is it just cause of my broken bluray drive?

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
personally the way that it works for me, using rockbox (ipod classic for me) I power off the phat using the switch in the back. plug in my ipod and load up psgroove hermes 4b and let it load. power up the phat using the switch in the back. I make sure that its loaded and i push the power button on the front hear 1 beep then QUICKLY push the eject button hear 2 beeps and it loads the PS3 usually around 15-20 of holding the eject button (i like to make sure i hold it till the ps3 loads up).

for the apps i just put them on the root directory and they show up right there in "Install Package Files"

I use Gaiamanager so obviously thats the one i booted up in "install package files" the first time.

after that installation i can use my ipod to load the games from my pc onto the internal and done deal.

DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow ok so i did make a mundane mistake....i never actually had any apps to install on my sansa....i take it i just put the backup manager in the root folder? which backup manager is preferred nowadays?

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nowadays is a big word.. PS3 scene evolve every day. Gaia manager1.03.1 is what i use. I still think patience is the key here everything will get perfected with time.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
DaMummy said:
ok so where do i place the pkg files, i tried in sansa root folder but no go. is it supposed to go to .rockbox folder before i try any more?
Root of your hard drive or whatever usb drive or reboot sanza into normal sanza player

DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya i got it now, thx to both of you for your replies, right now im on the stage of setting up a ftp server on ps3 and transferring to internal as i dont have an external on hand and i dont want to use my 32gb sdhc cards right now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-