RockBand with GH instruments?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zidane_genome, Dec 22, 2008.

Dec 22, 2008
  1. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I was just reading that RB2 will work with GH guitars... can anyone confirm this?

Also, is there a way to get RB1 to work with GH guitars? I have a Nyko (god I love that company, haha) guitar and it works with World Tour, Aerosmith, and III... just not with RB1... is there a hack, or did I just toss money down the garbage shoot?

2. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I'm completely in the dark right now. For months they said GH3 guitars would work for certain. I'm downloading it now from a spanish tracker. On their forum someone said the guitar hero guitars won't work. I bet he's just being an asshole... There's always people that love to wind people up.

3. Jim~

Member Jim~ GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. Mrkinator

Member Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Canada
    There all gonna work with RB2 don't worry.

As for RB1, I'm looking into it. It might be possible by taking a few RB2 files and putting them into trucha with RB1. Once I get RB2 for Christmas I'll try it [​IMG]

5. thawkins1

Member thawkins1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. zapu

Member zapu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    I'm playing RB2 now using my GH4 drums and GH4 guitar [​IMG] Mic works too, but I cant sing ;o

7. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Wii GH3 and GH:WT guitars work with RB2 and AC/DC Live RB:TP. They do not work with RB, RB:TP1 or RB:TP2.

I think it will be possible soon to get them working with RB, RB:TP1 and RB:TP2. The code is there in the AC/DC Live RB:TP which is almost identical to the code in the other 3. There is no need to wait on RB2 to begin experimenting. I'm trying but haven't had much success yet.

@zapu - Have you tried using your GH:WT drum kit with the AC/DC Live RB:TP? It looks like the code is in there to allow them but I don't have a drum kit to try them out. Sorry to hear that RB2 is incompatible with your sour voice, but it probably doesn't work with GH:WT either [​IMG]

8. zapu

Poland
    Would have to obtain that AC/DC Rockband, sounds fun [​IMG] Do I need Rockband 1 to get it to work or it's just stand alone game? Maybe someone of my friends has it.

BTW, just found on some wii forum:
    Aww...

9. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    So many contradicting statements. Looks like I have to obtain it myself to really find out [​IMG]

10. hellohey

Member hellohey GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    GHWT drums work in Rock band 2
    and why are so many of these threads being made?

11. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Is there a freestyle drum mode in RB2? If so anyone tried it?

12. zapu

Poland
    A big clearup here, that quote was about AC/DC Rockband Track Pack, not Rockband 2

I can confirm that GH:WT Drums, Guitar and Microphone work with Rock Band 2

GH:WT Guitar and Mic work with Rockband AC/DC Track Pack, but the drums DO NOT.

There is a freestyle mode in RB2 and well... it's normal. Just freestyle mode. And I think you can't change drum sounds, you get one set to play with and thats all.

The "Drum Trainer" is there also and I find it very intresting [​IMG]

13. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Ok, just got RB2... my Guitar works perfectly with it... so I can confirm that RB2 will work with GH guitars!

14. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    So its cheaper to just by the full RockBand 1 kit, then just buy the game RockBand 2 alone without anything else right?

The official Rock band 2 drums are basically the same as the Rock Band 1 drums correct?

15. Jizmo

Member Jizmo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The Freestyle mode of Rock Band 2 gives you around 5 different drum kits to play with. You change them with the - button i think. I'm in the middle of a simulated yankees game with MLB 2008 at the moment and can't check but those are pretty close figures and buttons. They button to change is displayed on the bottom left.

The Rock Band 2 drums are supposed to have a larger surface area I believe and there is the optional Cymbols.

Here is a link to the MadCatz Cymbol pack... http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=72840

Whoa, look at this.... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10746714
    and this for $19 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9906278
    The Guitar Hero World Tour slider bar has really put the whammy to the prices of the regular GH guitars. (pardon the pun)

I love the goofy looking Ping Pong Paddle attachments. I cringe at the thought of my picture being taken with something like that in my hand. You could be blackmailed over something like that.

16. Tichinde925

United States
    About the cymbals and extra add-ons...

I know that the cymbals take on the same colors as the 4 pads but how do you know when your supposed to hit them?

17. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    anyone that has a NYKO Frontman wii guitar rest assured it WILL work on RB2 yay

[​IMG]

18. SkankyYankee

Member SkankyYankee GBAtemp Advanced Skank

United States
    Ok just To Clarify

Works with GH3 Guitars
    Guitar Hero III + WT
    Rock Band 2
    Rock Band - ACDC Live track pack

Doesn't work
    Rock Band 1
    Rock Band TP1
    Rock Band TP2

[​IMG]

19. Mrkinator

Member Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Canada
    The Cymbals (which I'm sure you guys know, can only be used w/ RB2 Drums [​IMG]) are the same as the pads, so you hit it when you would normally hit a pad (even if It's a Tom Solo [​IMG])

20. Tichinde925

United States
    I understand that, but would you always hit the cymbal even when the pad is the same color?

Would it be possible to play the game very well, then go to an exact setup of real drums and be able to play the same song and have it sound the same as in the game?

Thats all I'm wondering, like when are you supposed to hit the cymbals or when to hit the pads.

I know the guitars teach you absolutely nothing on how to play a real guitar but the drums seem like real drums.