Ripping Super Mario to HDD

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by mrmicp, Mar 5, 2010.

Mar 5, 2010

Ripping Super Mario to HDD by mrmicp at 8:53 AM (610 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. mrmicp
    OP

Newcomer mrmicp Member

United Kingdom
    Hi All,

I have just soft modded my wii using [NiNjA]UK's guide which was spot on [​IMG]

The reasons for me soft modding my Wii were so that I could take a backup of all my games (around 40) and play them straight of a HDD and also to run homebrew, anyway while most of my games have backed up to the Wii no problem I'm having issues with the new Super Mario. It shows a games size of around 0.35gig (which I assume to be too small) and it appears to rip ok but when it comes to play it just won't load.

I am using configurable USB loader v54 and all the seraches I have done come back with results regarding ripping a scrubbed version of super mario, so is there a way to rip super mario to my HDD using configurable USB loader or do I need to use a PC. Now I like to learn and understand what i'm doing so if there is any guides out there then I'd be more than happy if you just wanted to point me in the general direction [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

2. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    The size is ok actually. The game has a BCA protection, but most new loaders have a NSMB fix, I don't know if you're using the latest version of configurable ? I never used it, I use Wiiflow, so I don't know if v54 is the latest ??

3. mrmicp
    OP

Newcomer mrmicp Member

United Kingdom
    That actually makes a lot of sense mate [​IMG]

Before I updated Configurable USB loader the output size was reported at 0.5gig so I ripped it and it didn't work.

So I then updated configurable USB loader to the latest version and re-checked the size and it was 0.35gig so I wrongly (as I have done many times in the past) assumed [​IMG] that it still wouldn't work..... I even checked on VUZE for the rip size and that was reporting 4.7gig but I now understand that to be padded out to burn to disk.

I will try again tonight but I think you've put me back on track... cheers [​IMG]