Ripping DS Graphics?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Knyaz Vladimir, May 7, 2010.

May 7, 2010

Ripping DS Graphics? by Knyaz Vladimir at 2:23 PM (1,918 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Knyaz Vladimir
    OP

Member Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Canada
    Okay, so I have my own dump of Retro Game Challenge. I just want to know how to rip Nintendo DS Graphics, and how would one go about doing so?

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The above link covers some of the basics and general purpose tools like crystaltile2 are worth a look in but http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=8407.0 is well worth a read for some of the more interesting quirks of the formats/methods used by the DS on some games.

4. Reshiram_Addict

Newcomer Reshiram_Addict Member

United States
    BOTH THOSE LINKS ARE FALSE INFORMATION!!! THE FIRST LINK PROVIDES INFORMATION TO *OTHER* HACKING STUFF BUT *NOTHING* AS REGARDS TO RIPPING GRAPHICS!!! AND THE SECOND LINK *ISN'T* EVEN RELEVANT AT ALL!!! IT'S OFF TOPIC!!! a

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Hi Reshiram_Addict, been a while since we have seen you whining around here. Why are we bumping a near 5 year old topic?

The first link very much does contain graphics hacking info, in fact it might be the longest section in that document.

The second has since been surpassed by the likes of tinke but at the time it was the premier DS graphics/ROM manipulation tool, save perhaps for crystaltile2. Though actually most of us moved to the September 2010 builds of CT2 (which was after this topic was started and answered) which improved quite a bit.