Homebrew Ripping DS Games

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Ninjhax to launch homebrew on my 3ds and I figured out how to backup games for NDS and 3DS games, and I know it'll be some time before software allowing you to rip 3DS games is public, but in the meantime, what homebrew app do I use to rip regular DS games? I heard about Wood Dumper, but I can't figure out how to use it! Is there a homebrew app for that?

D

Deleted-379826

I'm using Ninjhax to launch homebrew on my 3ds and I figured out how to backup games for NDS and 3DS games, and I know it'll be some time before software allowing you to rip 3DS games is public, but in the meantime, what homebrew app do I use to rip regular DS games? I heard about Wood Dumper, but I can't figure out how to use it! Is there a homebrew app for that?
I believe there is a app AND a 3ds ripper has been out forever

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious, why would you need to rip a DS game? Surely you can find the .nds file for any DS game already on the internet. And of course you can't have your 3DS play DS titles straight from your SD card, though you can create forwarders for them to appear as individual titles in your 3DS, but they'll still launch through the DS flashcard you'll need inserted into your 3DS.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious, why would you need to rip a DS game? Surely you can find the .nds file for any DS game already on the internet. And of course you can't have your 3DS play DS titles straight from your SD card, though you can create forwarders for them to appear as individual titles in your 3DS, but they'll still launch through the DS flashcard you'll need inserted into your 3DS.

Downloading ROMs is slightly more complicated than ripping them legitimately. Especially since it's hard to find a proper Wii ROM versus ripping it yourself with GameRip on a Wii/Wii U's vWii.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you are on 9.2, you can use Decrypt9 from homebrew to rip 3DS and DS games, on a higher version you'll have to have a9lh already installed (then you can run Decrypt9 from a Luma payload).

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading ROMs is slightly more complicated than ripping them legitimately. Especially since it's hard to find a proper Wii ROM versus ripping it yourself with GameRip on a Wii/Wii U's vWii.

Hmm, in my personal experience, it has been significantly faster to download games than it is to rip them, especially considering how small .nds files are, takes maybe 10 seconds to download any given DS game, and there is nothing to it, not sure what makes it more complicated. As for finding proper Wii games, there is at least one fantastic iso site out there that makes it real easy to find and download all your games (you should see my Wii library on my vWii and my regular Wii at that haha).

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on 9.2, you can use Decrypt9 from homebrew to rip 3DS and DS games, on a higher version you'll have to have a9lh already installed (then you can run Decrypt9 from a Luma payload).
I'm on the latest version 11.1.0-34U but homebrew still works. Is there a program that still works with that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, in my personal experience, it has been significantly faster to download games than it is to rip them, especially considering how small .nds files are, takes maybe 10 seconds to download any given DS game, and there is nothing to it, not sure what makes it more complicated. As for finding proper Wii games, there is at least one fantastic iso site out there that makes it real easy to find and download all your games (you should see my Wii library on my vWii and my regular Wii at that haha).
Ok, I tried Decrypt9 but it won't work since I'm higher than 9.2 version, as for Wii, what site would that be? If it's illegal to post it here, you can do so privately. There are a few Wii games I want that I can't rent affordably.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on the latest version 11.1.0-34U but homebrew still works. Is there a program that still works with that?
No. To get a9lh you would have to downgrade, and from 11.x that requires a hardmod or second already hacked 3DS of the same region (and not an N3DS if the 11.x console is O3DS since it requires a transfer).

Even if you could rip a 3DS game on 11.x, you can't play it without CFW of some kind (or a Sky3DS).

there is at least one fantastic iso site out there

as for Wii, what site would that be?

Use Google based on duffmmann's hint.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. To get a9lh you would have to downgrade, and from 11.x that requires a hardmod or second already hacked 3DS of the same region (and not an N3DS if the 11.x console is O3DS since it requires a transfer).

Even if you could rip a 3DS game on 11.x, you can't play it without CFW of some kind (or a Sky3DS).

Use Google based on Famicon's hint.

You mean like a 3DS emulator? I can get that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a