RGH from king kong

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DSUPERY92, Aug 25, 2018.

1. DSUPERY92
    OP

DSUPERY92 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    I can install rgh from king kong explot and from linux?

2. konsolenumbau.expert

konsolenumbau.expert GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Wich Firmware is this Xbox right now?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

3. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    I do not remember, my xbox 360 has the broken reader but I have to buy a spare part, but if I have the kernel for the exploit, am I able to install RGH?

4. konsolenumbau.expert

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Well kk and rgh are 2 different things. Rgh can be installed in nearly every Xbox as long as it isn't a "Winchester" Board (500GB HDD). As well the Xenon Revision (without a HDMI) isn't booting good enough to play with it.

5. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    And from what I know the RGH is installed on the nand and the exploit king kong has linux that lets you read and write the nand

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I don't know much about the king kong exploit, but the exploit to allow running unsigned code is from hypervisor 4xxx. you need a kernel at or before that which would mean the first dashboard with the blades.

7. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    No, if I'm not mistaken is the new dashboard, ok, there is no software method or at least with lt 3.0?

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
  9. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    The RGH requires a hardware mod.

10. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    Sad that in my opinion the xbox 360 scene has not been revolutionized much but the LT 3.0 is the only stupid mod softmod but sad that a PS4 is easily exploitable with a browser compared to a xbox 360 that you have to weld a whole planet to the xbox 360.

11. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    afaik, rgh still uses the same hypervisor, so they're the same thing as the king kong hack except one is hard mod.

12. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    I have the new dash board and i cant do the king kong exploit

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    then a hard mod is your only hope.

14. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    When in doubt I hope the xbox 360 scene will continue and find explot softmod

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it's still active (somewhat). the latest dash for the system was released a few months ago, and a hacked version of it was made available within days.

16. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    At least I hope that we will find a method without welding that at least many other people without welding experience that at least find an alternative method

17. konsolenumbau.expert

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Well, the thing is the XBox is totally hacked.
    And even für flashing your Drive with LT3 you need the DVD Key Wich requires Hardware.

Im in the XBox Scene since it started and there won't be a SoftMod for this Device cause it would have been there by now if it would be possible.

You need the ability to run unsigned code and this is done by either JTAG or RGH.

So unfortunately....

Were you from its not that expensive to get a Xbox set up for Homebrew

brickmii82 likes this.
  18. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    So I want to clarify that not everyone has access to the hardmod.A my opinion if a console does not have a softmod that allows at least the homebrew can not be defined "Totally hackered" but still if the xbox 360 scene can find a flaw softmod , I would be the first in the world to do it because I do not like "solder is the best". Take the example of the 3DS (I know, are different consoles and technically I could not compare) I did softmod and I consider it a well hacked console.

19. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the important file with a 360 update is the one with su in the title, so maybe that's where to look. the $SystemUpdate folder contains several files, but that file is what's used for jtags/rgh systems (applying patches).

20. DSUPERY92
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Italy
    And but it does not center with the softmod, to write the nand with the rgh it takes the welding