Revirginization Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hakoda, Feb 20, 2010.

Feb 20, 2010

Revirginization Help by Hakoda at 4:13 AM (1,803 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I have a 4.2U Wii with a WiiKey v1. My uncle decided to buy an upgrade for his Wiikey v1 and thought I might like one too. So we're both getting WiiKey 2's. When NSMB came out, obviously it wasn't naturally supported by a WiiKey v1, I had to softmod it. Now before I send it back to him, I want to rid the Wii of any softmod files/ data. I installed certain IOS's to get the game to run through Disc Channel.

I'm planning on using this guide. If I follow this guide exactly and don't do anything stupid, I should be okay right? I did not use Priiloader only BootMii as a boot2 & StartPatch along with other harmless apps.

This says that NandClean will ask me to delete the System Menu App (since it had to do with StartPatch). So before I do that, the guide says I should reinstall the system menu so that when I run NandClean to clean StartPatch hacks, I won't get bricked. Is that correct?

Thank you so much in advance. Please don't ask why I'm doing this, I just prefer hardmods and being able to download new firmware updates with ease.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    You only need the nandclean if you have preloader/priiloader hacks in your Wii,like block disc updates,region free etc. at least from what I understood

well nevermind

3. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Ohhhhh I've heard you shouldn't do that but I guess if I don't exit out of WAD Manager I should be fine.

4. lolzed

Philippines
    it IS placed in the NAND,which is why if you have hacks,you run the NANDCleaner,if you don't have any hacks whatsoever,you don't need to

edit:why bother erasing the softmod?not asking why you don't want the softmod,since you can have both the softmod AND the hardmod anyways.If you don't want HBC then just install Bootmii and make a backup just in case

5. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    if you have pre/priiloader better unsinstall it first (using priiloader)
    use anytitle deleter, delete any cios ( don't delete official IOS)
    delete channels from the data management menu

6. Hakoda
    OP

United States

7. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    This will brick your wii, even if immediately reinstalled. Uninstalling the SM deletes setting.txt, among other things that hide in the SM title folders. If you need to repair or restore the menu, reinstall it OVER TOP of the existing one, without removing it first.

8. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    That's what I thought, thank you for clarifying. [​IMG]

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it.

9. lolzed

Philippines
    mmm sorry about that,maybe I was talking about the SM IOS?I recall something about WADManager and SM and IOS,and it was a while back,so can someone remind me if IOS uninstalling is safe if you install it afterwards without exiting

10. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It is safe to un- then re-install IOS without exiting, even though you'd still be better off just installing over the existing IOS if you can though.

11. wes11ph

Afghanistan
    use comex nand formatter, its the easiest and the baddest way

12. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    just delete any channels through data management should be just HBC, he will never even know you got a cIOS on there. you may need it again in the future. i guarantee it will not harm anything to leave cIOS38 on there.

13. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Not worried about him just want to be able to update through Nintendo with ease and peace of mind.

Thanks everybody.

14. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Um not to alert anyone. But I just finished doing part of my reviginization. I reinstalled all IOS's & the System Menu. I did NOT uninstall any IOS's or system menus. I loaded NSMB through Neogamma since I reinstalled the IOS's needed to run it in Disc Channel. I shut off after it loaded correctly. Ran NandClean but i couldn't find any files to clean since they were all Priiloader related. When it asked me to delete system menu app i hit B which did NOT erase it. Restarted Wii and i got:

The System files are corrupt. Please refer to you wii guide or something like that. Luckily HBC is still on and so is BootMii as a boot2. Is my Wii fixable? Please help me...

EDIT: Copied my BootMii files back onto my SD Card. Booted and ran Recovery mode. Its still in simulation mode as we speak but the scanner says this: "BootMii found in Boot2" which means the reinstallation of the system menu did not overwrite the boot2. I think that's good news...

EDIT2: Holy fuck. Who ever invented BootMii.... I needa kiss their head. That was pure genius. Wii is back to the way things were, system menu is intact. That was an invigorating experience. Popped in my NSMB Disc after the restore, got the same message when the Wii tried to mount the disc. Ejected and rebooted, everythigng was fine. Popped in another backup, Mario kart Wii, it played fine. Tried to run StartPatch. Got a blank screen which means cIOS38 had not been installed yet so StartPatch never existed. Now to continue on with the revirginization.

EDIT3: Revirginization complete. When I went to reinstall all the IOS's along with SM 4.2U, I did NOT install SM 4.2U due to the fear that it would corrupt the menu again. I did NOT run NandClean. I deleted IOS 202/203/222/249/250 using ATD Mod v6b. I uninstalled HBC & DVDX using the HackMii Installer & BannerBomb but left BootMii just in case ;D. Thank you everyone once again. Tempers, you rock.

15. wes11ph

Afghanistan
    what a noob

16. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Sorry... sorta new at Wii hacking. Hell at least I had a BootMii backup & I didn't create a new thread when I had a full brick like some other people....

17. wes11ph

Afghanistan
    yeah good for you