1. jjh76

OP jjh76 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I recently found a couple xboxes for cheap at a local thrift store. One wasn't reading discs and on the other the drive mechanism was broken. They both had the same dvd drive (thompson) so I took the laser from the broken drive and put it into the one that wasn't reading and was able to get it working. Testing this with both of the xboxes and both were able to run the couple of games I have just fine.

I then used this guide here to do the hotswap softmod and install a larger hdd on one of them:

http://daleswanson.org/stuff/xbox.htm

It seemed to be working at first, I was able to install and run Cave Story X and RetroArch just fine. The games I have ran fine too both from the disc and after using dvd2xbox to rip them - except for Wolfenstein. When trying to play Wolfenstein from either the original disc or from the hdd it will freeze the xbox when you press start at the "press start to begin" screen.

I then tried the softmod on the other xbox but got the same result, so I'm assuming that the problem has something to do with version of the mod that I used?

2. jjh76

OP jjh76 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    nvm, I just used the hexen disc to redo the softmod flash the bios and it's all good now

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Wolfenstein, freezes, softmod