Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
My homebrew browser is FULL of Retroarch cores! :rofl2:

Is there anyway o hide them? Or change the file structure so the cores are elsewhere but still work?

Reactions: ArgoRV

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My homebrew browser is FULL of Retroarch cores! :rofl2:

Is there anyway o hide them? Or change the file structure so the cores are elsewhere but still work?
You can use the Online Updater from within Retroarch that will download Cores to SD:/Retroarch/Cores (if you haven't got the Cores in there already)
Then if you haven't got the Retroarch Channel, you can just delete all the Cores from the apps folder except one, then use that one Core to load Retroarch ;)
You can easily switch Cores from within Retroarch :)

Reactions: Ewpb

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do i make it so that my launcher isn't clogged with all the emulator cores?

when you unzip the retroarch file. you should have two main folders. one "retroarch" keep that. the other "Wii U" which has all the cores and other files. inside the retroarch folder only keep the retroarch one. so when you open your homebrew launcher you have only retroarch in it.

so you should have:-

-retroarch - containing all files
-wiiu/apps/retroarch - containing all files

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
when you unzip the retroarch file. you should have two main folders. one "retroarch" keep that. the other "Wii U" which has all the cores and other files. inside the retroarch folder only keep the retroarch one. so when you open your homebrew launcher you have only retroarch in it.

so you should have:-

-retroarch - containing all files
-wiiu/apps/retroarch - containing all files

Isn't that the other way round?

Only keep the Retroarch core in the wiiu/apps folder? As they're the ones that show up in the Launcher.

-retroarch containing all

-wiiu/apps/Retroarch only Retroarch.rpx

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't that the other way round?

Only keep the Retroarch core in the wiiu/apps folder? As they're the ones that show up in the Launcher.

-retroarch containing all

-wiiu/apps/Retroarch only Retroarch.rpx

well i mean that in the wiiu/apps only Retroarch core no other core

Reactions: Ewpb

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I correct in saying that the Wii U can only have one USB HD style device plugged in at anyone time.

If so that means I can't use a USB stick to make my save files folder portable between different Retroarch installs?

CireMx

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. I just installed the retroarch forwarder and when im trying to start the app from wii u menu the app just take me back to wii u menu. theres a wey to fix it? (srry for my bad english :c )

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I just installed the retroarch forwarder and when im trying to start the app from wii u menu the app just take me back to wii u menu. theres a wey to fix it? (srry for my bad english :c )

In the Retroarch folder.

wiiu/apps/retroarch

Rename the retroarch.rpx file to retroarchBAK.rpk

Then rename the 2048.rpx file to retroarch.rpx

The forwarder will then load the 2048.rpx as the default.

That's what made it work for me.

Ah, here are clearer instructions Post in thread 'retroarch complete zip' https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-complete-zip.588866/post-9481130

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, sadly Retroarch isn't compatible with Aroma for now, hopefully it gets reworked soon. Still works with Tiramisu tho :)
Hey first of all how are you? I haven't used retroarch in over a year on any system anything new and exciting happened with it lately on the good old Wiiu?

Secondly with Tiramisu I have a weird issue where booting the RetroArch channel doesn't work but if I boot retroarch in homebrew menu then exit out the channel then works until I switch off the WiiU. Any idea why in tiramisu I can't just boot the RetroArch channel without having to boot retroarch on the homebrew channel first?

Reactions: ploggy

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ewpb by 2048.rpx.....Wouldn't be "2048_libretro.rpx" instead?? Where is the 2048.rpx??

AmandaRose did you read just up 2 tiles what CireMx was asking? Seems the same to make retroarch forwarder work​

I manage to make the forwarder work by renaming 50_hbl_installer.rpx to 50_hbl_installer.OLD in wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup but it's not a good final way to solve the problem

Last edited by mrmagicm,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey first of all how are you? I haven't used retroarch in over a year on any system anything new and exciting happened with it lately on the good old Wiiu?

Secondly with Tiramisu I have a weird issue where booting the RetroArch channel doesn't work but if I boot retroarch in homebrew menu then exit out the channel then works until I switch off the WiiU. Any idea why in tiramisu I can't just boot the RetroArch channel without having to boot retroarch on the homebrew channel first?
Hi. I'm fine thanks :) still checking here there and everywhere just haven't posted much. :D Stuff is still progressing in the background, just not ready for prime time yet ;)

Try renaming the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file in SD:\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup to something else..
eg.. 50_hbl_installer.rpxnope and see if that gets the Retroarch Channel booting correctly.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right. Pissed off now. :gun:

How on earth does one get this thing to show box art or even add wallpapers? I have used the playlist buddy and a bunch of pngs appeared where i told it but nothing shows! Got a shit load of stock wallpapers that won't list when trying to choose them either.

Also...cannot load title from playlist?? Why is it always 1 step forward and 900 million back with this thing?? Grrrrr. Rant over.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right. Pissed off now. :gun:

How on earth does one get this thing to show box art or even add wallpapers? I have used the playlist buddy and a bunch of pngs appeared where i told it but nothing shows! Got a shit load of stock wallpapers that won't list when trying to choose them either.

Also...cannot load title from playlist?? Why is it always 1 step forward and 900 million back with this thing?? Grrrrr. Rant over.
You need to make the necessary folders manually before hand, for some reason retroarch wiiu cant make the folders itself :P
its a long standing bug.

Dunno about the playlist thing my playlists are working fine. I make mine manually, Import Content>Manual Scan.. always worked for me :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q