Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
FIRST of all, I finally got shaders working today thanks to this golden advice;
Everyone: it's counter-intuitive but you HAVE to set the Shaders directory in the Directory settings. If you don't, it will allow you to browse into the directory but they won't show up as valid presets, tricking you into thinking there's something wrong with the preset files where there isn't.
...and be careful not to confuse setting "shaders" directory with setting "filters" directory - they are two different settings.

SECONDLY, the only shader so far that I've found that seems to offer even scanlines is crt-guest-dr-venom.slangp - but this also has some weird gamma effects that wash out colours and kill performance. Am I missing something? Where is a basic shader for basic scanlines? Thanks.

Reactions: Maxbeta

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
FIRST of all, I finally got shaders working today thanks to this golden advice;

...and be careful not to confuse setting "shaders" directory with setting "filters" directory - they are two different settings.

SECONDLY, the only shader so far that I've found that seems to offer even scanlines is crt-guest-dr-venom.slangp - but this also has some weird gamma effects that wash out colours and kill performance. Am I missing something? Where is a basic shader for basic scanlines? Thanks.
I was actually freaking out because i downloaded the shaders but couldn't make them work.

I'll try this later.

asboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys Happy New Year! I guess everyone knows by now that there's a new cold boot exploit/environment called Tiramisu that was release earlier, just posting here to say it works fine with Retroarch ;) works with the Retroarch Forwarder Channel too!
How’d you get the forwarder to work? I’m on tiramisu now too and it just boots me back to the Wii U menu when I select the forwarder.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How’d you get the forwarder to work? I’m on tiramisu now too and it just boots me back to the Wii U menu when I select the forwarder.
I had to delete the 50_hbl_installer.rpx in wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup (you dont HAVE to delete the file, you can just rename it to 50_hbl_installer.rpx.nope or something) ;) once you do that, the forwarder channel will work like normal.

Reactions: asboy and ArgoRV

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have two haxchi forwarders one for WiiFlow and one for another app. And yes it works!
thanks, i will give it a try
ever since i installed tiramisu i want to quick launch a Padcon forwarder (created with haxchi) but it always freeze the console. I will give a try and let you know

asboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to delete the 50_hbl_installer.rpx in wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup (you dont HAVE to delete the file, you can just rename it to 50_hbl_installer.rpx.nope or something) ;) once you do that, the forwarder channel will work like normal.
That worked. Thanks, bud.:grog:

Reactions: ploggy

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
thanks, i will give it a try
ever since i installed tiramisu i want to quick launch a Padcon forwarder (created with haxchi) but it always freeze the console. I will give a try and let you know
Confirmed
Removing HBL rpx from enviroments-tiramisu-modules-setup allows forwarders to work properly
not sure why, as far as i know, haxchi doesn't run through mii maker for it to generate an issue.
thanks for the info. So far i will just keep using the old HBL channel

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, how good are performance of retroarch on wiiu over the Wii? In particular many cave and igs roms not boot on the Wii, instead wiiu can play all games or not? Another one is demon front. I'll play them in RGB scart not hd resolution..

asboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any suggestions what forwarders I can use to get into HB Channel since I can’t through Mii Channel after disabling that file.

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, how good are performance of retroarch on wiiu over the Wii? In particular many cave and igs roms not boot on the Wii, instead wiiu can play all games or not? Another one is demon front. I'll play them in RGB scart not hd resolution..
Up this.

Does all cave newest games runs fine? Because many of them not boot on Wii, including demon front

rob77

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that you should change the playlist type (this option is in the RA general options, I can't send the correct location right now because I'm without my wiiU)

But I'll leave the step-by-step here for anyone who wants to update CrazyMac without any problem.

1 - Change playlist type to json style (VERY IMPORTANT)
2 - Gamepad must be default on port 1 of RA GENERAL configuration (VERY IMPORTANT)
3 - Save all modified content
4 - Update the playlists I made available above
5 - Update Cores

For those who use the pro controller, after updating the RA, you must enable the possibility of "Control the Menu with all Controllers", Also change the controller port only when entering the game and NOT in the RA's GENERAL setup.

Quick menu > Input
Hi

On step no. 1 I cannot find the part in retroarch to change the playlist to json. I am using Crazymac 2.0. I have done the rest of the guide you have provided but when I replace the cores and boot up retroarch it has reset to defaults.

Any help would be most appreciated :)

Last edited by rob77,

Skindredas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Guys I have 1.7.7 build by Crazy Mac, is there a way to upgrade to 1.10 and keep all the settings? Now it has a lot of playlists preconfigured, with every rom image and every rom has its core configured.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2