Hacking Retail save on Gateway

T3Sm0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the new developments now, is it possible to extract a savegame from a retail game and use it on a Gateway 3DS with the rom in .3ds format?

I have been playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time EU and don't want to lose my progress.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, sort of, but I'm afraid it won't work for Ocarina of Time until GW release their saving method solution in their next update.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
since savegames are being discussed here, I'll make a quick question, is every savegame different? I ask that because I want to know if there is a posibility of a save convertion for the old saves when gateway gets the save solution

xenia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right now it only works with saves that are 512KB and up (Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros., and Kid Icarus: Uprising work, for example), just use your personal dump of the game (since the headers need to match the save), with .3DZ as the file extension, and have the save file named (game's titleID).sav, for example Super Smash Bros. you'd call it "00040000000EDF00.sav". This also doesn't work for saves using the 6.0.0+ save encryption, so if a game with the 6.0.0+ saving was saved on 6.0.0 and higher (outside of Gateway's classic mode) it won't work with Gateway. This is because Gateway classic mode forces these games to use the older encryption.

T3Sm0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any hope now with DevMenu and SaveDataFiler to get my Ocarina of Time Retail Save over to use with the Rom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DTApple @ DTApple: Did someone say llamas?