ROM Hack Restoring save game data...

Architekt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I thought I had lost my new nintendo 3dsxl. I bought a new nintendo 2dsxl, and I transferred my Nintendo ID/account over to it. I wound up not actually playing anything because I got distracted by some other games. ANYWAY, I eventually found my new 3dsxl a few months later. Had all my old games and save data. Because I wanted to use it, I had to do a network transfer once again. But I knew that doing so would wipe everything on the 3dsxl and I'd lose all my save game files. So just in case it would be useful, I took the 3dsxl SD card and copied everything from it onto my PC. A little while later I managed to get boot9strap on there and I'm wondering if there's a way to get my old save data back. Please note that on my 3dsxl I had never previously modded it, so I never used a tool like checkpoint or JKSM to backup the data. I just did a 100% copy of the SD card before I transferred the nintendo ID over.

I read some people say that you can just copy your old .sav file back over (I can't make hyperlinks since I'm new but it's on this forum and the post title is recovering-700-hours-of-saves-lost-during-transfer.382758) but when I tried that with SMT: Apocalypse it just said the save data was corrupt and reformatted it. Is there any way to copy my save games back over? I noticed that on the backup I made of the 3dsxl (the original unmodded card, before restoring the ID), the ID in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder differed from that of the 3dsxl AFTER I had transferred my nintendo ID back over. I don't know if that makes any difference. I thought I read that save files were encrypted in some way so I'm not sure if there's another tool that's available that can be used for this case.

Apologies if this has been answered, every time I tried googling this I kept getting info regarding using JKSM/Checkpoint to back up your games first and then use it to restore (which obviously I never used them in the first place).

As an example regarding the differing IDs, on my original backup that I made, the path to the save for SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked is at:
Nintendo 3DS\077c51ffec2f11242aff6a8ebf90185b\763200d64701b3c1534530340002544d\title\00040000\00038800\data

But after having done the Nintendo ID transfer, redownloading games and installing boot9strap, it is located here:
Nintendo 3DS\bb90262d419de9a6b0e984aaa272f9a4\528e00f7478035fb5345333200035344\title\00040000\00038800\data

MrCatFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You would need to have already backed up the save files. The contents of the SD will not help (I think). You may be out of luck.

Architekt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to have already backed up the save files. The contents of the SD will not help (I think). You may be out of luck.

I assumed as much, unfortunately. But figured I'd at least ask just before I throw in the towel. Luckily I've beaten all the games on the device so it's not as bad as if I was like near the end on a title and had lost the device. Thanks for the prompt reply.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Without using jksm or checkpoint before hand on each save. The saves are encrypted per console. As you transfered over to that console, its been reformatted and those saves are useless unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it +1