1. k0ns0le

OP k0ns0le Member
    Newcomer

I was having some issues (for a while) with my CFW so bit the bullet and did a full wipe (factory default) on my Switch and rebuilt emuNAND after formatting the SD. Beforehand I did a full back up of all my game saves with both JKSV and Checkpoint. I have never really messed around with save files before but both these programs seem fairly straight forward, to backup at least.

On the new cfw I have installed a couple of games to test.
    First I tried Carrion and restored the save from Checkpoint. All good.
    Then I tried Pokemon Sword from both Checkpoint and JKSV. "Your save file is corrupt...."
    I guess it could be broken (seeing as original cfw was having issues) but while some games were broken before the wipe, Pokemon was not one of them. Is there a trick to the Restore process ?

I have looked up some basic tutorials but either they don't mention restoring at all or nothing more than just press restore on the file you want
    I see people swapping saves online so surely this is possible. It's still the same switch albeit reset. Presumably, I'm doing something wrong. Thought it might be something to do with the BCAT file but alas restoring that made no difference.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You have to load Pokemon before restoring the save file.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Restoring, Pokemon, Sword